leese_88

Mushy calorie intake

Hi beautiful people,

So today is 8 days post op and feeling pretty good! I only have a bit of pain in 2 of the incision points.

In total including 2 week optifast and 8 days post op I have lost 10kgs.

I'm now on mushy food and tolerating this very well!

I just want to know what amount of calories you consumed on the mushy stage and also how much when eating normally.

Thank you!

I honestly didn't count, I just ate my half to three-quarter cup full and left it at that. I made sure the food was as healthy as I could, and avoided the naughty stuff. There are some interesting posts on here about calorie intake etc, I'm not sure the search function is wonderfully helpful though!

• Like 1

I did the same as rb. My dietitian emphasised that for the 6-8 weeks post surgery is about healing and not about weight loss, so counting calories wasn't something to be concerned about. Healthy, fresh foods as best you can to heal your body is the best focus for now. That is the advice I was given at your stage.

• Like 2

what they said - it truly is about recovery right now. Any weight loss that you have at the moment is just an added bonus and there is plenty of time to worry about calories and the like in a few weeks time.

• Like 1