Kazawaki

Stabilisation - Now its time to move again.

Hidey Ho peeps

Well I was so close yet so far this week and nobody to blame but the bottles of grog on the weekend, naughty naughty bottles, lol.

I came within 100g of my goal and was 65.1kg this morning.  I have to say that I am uber excited for next week now and will (try) and make the effort to achieve my 25kg loss goal.

One that is achieved I want to be at least 63.5kg for my cruise next month, only so I can go back to 65kg haha.

Have a good week and chat soon.

• Like 1

81.5kgs this morning.  Still do not have my bloody treadmill.  I shall get on to my husband's back about getting it asap.  Congrats on your loss Pikachu - I leave for our cruise on 1st April, and wanted to be 77kgs by then.  Unless I cut one of my legs off, I don't think I am going to get there. :mellow: I am cutting back on food and feel bloody starving most days, trying to lose as much as I can before we leave, because God knows what I will be after 14 days of cruising.  I don't drink alcohol, so that's one good thing I suppose, but desserts............Yum!

• Like 3

Where are you off to Jan?

We are going to Mare, Vila, Mystery Island and Isle of Pines on this one for 9 nights.  I drink and drink and drink, luckily I do desserts, fair trade off huh, lol

Cut your leg off...haha cracking me up.

We are going to New Zealand on the Sea Princess.  Leaves and returns to Brisbane - 14 days.  I have never been on a cruise before [in fact I have never been overseas before].  We are only in one of the cheap cabins, down in the bottom of the ship, but it was cheap. About $3000 for the two of us I think.  Excursions extra.  I am dying to see the Lord of the Rings movie sites, and Hobbiton.  Our whole family are mad LOTR fans.  Our room looks about as big as a phone box - luckily I only take up a tiny bit of space now :P.  Actually, if I really tell the truth I may indulge in a few cocktails at night - I don't like wine or spirits, but have been known to sink a few mudslides every now and then.  Someone told me that the best thing they did was never take the elevator, use only the stairs all the trip, to keep weight loss to a minimum, so hopefully I will stick to doing that.  We are visiting quite a few ports on both Islands, and the weather should be about 10 to 21 I think - perfect for me.  And pikachu, I will have to rethink the chopping off my leg thing - I wouldn't ever be able to get weighed again.  I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. :D  That was a really bad joke sorry.

• Like 3

PS. If you have been to New Zealand on one of your cruises, feel free to suggest anything we might need to take or places to see.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Love it Angel!

• Like 1

Hey Jan

This will be my sixth cruise and it doesnt matter where you stay on the ship.  I have been down the bottom and up to the top andit is just a room you sleep in as there is so much to do onboard.

I have been to NZ on a cruise but that was about 30 years ago so cant remember much.  I went for my 21st and was smashed the whole cruise haha.

Suggest you check the liner as most of them have theme nights and it is awesome to get dressed up.  Check facebook to see if they have a page for that cruise or check cruisecritic. Some must haves for the cruise are post its and pens so you can leave notes for each other and a powerboard as there are never enough powerpoints, apart from that it is just common sense.

We rarely use the elevator as a way of not gaining too much weight and if you are keen they have both a gym and a walking track, which is good too. Well not the gym, I have never stepped foot inside one, lol.

Feel free to PM me if you want to know anything else, so we don't make the others jealous haha.  

Morning peeps.  Wooooohoooooo I reached 25kg weight loss!!!!

Well after having a couple of shocking weeks stuck between my all time goal of 65 and horrible 66, I decided to start up a food diary with the belief that I was not eating enough.

Well wasn't I in for a major surprise, turns out I was eating too much particularly snacks.  I always ignored advice to have a food diary but I am so glad that I didn't this time as I am happy to report that not only have I achieved my 25kg weight loss, I have exceeded it coming in at 64.4kg this morning.  The first step on the scales was 64.3 and I didn't believe it so I hoped back on and it was 64.3, so I did it again and it is was 64.4.  So I decided to take that last number as I am off to Canberra for work next week and it will be a shocker.

Hope everyone is well.  I wont be weighing next week as I am fairly certain motels don't have scales haha....cya, Leane

• Like 1

Forgot to post yesterday. Was around 82.  Went to see my bariatric surgeon and told him how I had been pb'ing lots, and mainly living on sliders, which of course aren't always good - as in too many mango smoothies.  Also told him I did not want to be pb'ing on our cruise - I'm sure I would be a charming dinner companion with a vomit cup on the table.   He took out .2ml and I have managed to eat a piece of toast without any trouble.  Have to go back and see him before I leave to make sure all is well.  He said to me he didn't mind taking out some fluid for my holiday, and that everyone needed to go easy on themselves and do a bit of naughty eating [but not too much!] on holiday.  Treadmill delivered today.  Never used one before, but so far I have done 2 20min blocks at 3.5 kph and 4kph.

Leane,  I am so happy for you breaking the 65kg mark.  You should be really proud of yourself.  Have a good time in Canberra - especially if your employer is footing the bill!  Order up big on the room service. ;)

• Like 3

Great job with the treadmill Jan.  Many thanks for your kind words, yep work is paying for it and better than room service is travel allowance.

They give me $43 for dinner, haha I wouldn't eat $43 worth of food for dinners for a week, let alone for one sitting, so usually come back with some bucks.

Not long now until your cruise, you must be sooo excited and good idea to take out a little fill better to enjoy your holiday and worry when you get back.  I willgo all out on mine that is why I am being careful now :)

Forgot to post yesterday. Was around 82.  Went to see my bariatric surgeon and told him how I had been pb'ing lots, and mainly living on sliders, which of course aren't always good - as in too many mango smoothies.  Also told him I did not want to be pb'ing on our cruise - I'm sure I would be a charming dinner companion with a vomit cup on the table.   He took out .2ml and I have managed to eat a piece of toast without any trouble.  Have to go back and see him before I leave to make sure all is well.  He said to me he didn't mind taking out some fluid for my holiday, and that everyone needed to go easy on themselves and do a bit of naughty eating [but not too much!] on holiday.  Treadmill delivered today. Never used one before, but so far I have done 2 20min blocks at 3.5 kph and 4kph.

I had a bit of fluid taken out for my trip to NZ jan, and I am glad I did for the trip. Alot of trips up and down mountains and increased elevations affected my band tightness a little bit (made it tighter). Having some fill removed gave me a little bit of wiggle room, which was enjoyed and needed. Enjoy the treadmill!

• Like 1

Angel is that a fact.  When I was in Christchurch last year i went to some mountain peaks and couldn't eat a thing and wondered if the fluid had expanded as a result of the height.  Good to know as I am planning to pop back for the June long weekend. I am also the same on planes. Funny huh.

Wow thanks for saying that as I thought I was mental  :P .

• Like 1

Angel is that a fact.  When I was in Christchurch last year i went to some mountain peaks and couldn't eat a thing and wondered if the fluid had expanded as a result of the height.  Good to know as I am planning to pop back for the June long weekend. I am also the same on planes. Funny huh.

Wow thanks for saying that as I thought I was mental  :P .

I discussed it with my Surgeon on my return and he agreed. But it wasn't the mountains that got me as much as the jet boat ride!! It was almost instantly as I stepped off the boat. I couldn't even hold down a coffee for a few hours, and food for the next couple of days was very very restrictive.

So if ppl don't like getting a fill, just have a jet boat ride, it's alot more fun!* lol 

*that is not professional medical advice lol

• Like 3

That is good info for me when I get to NZ, Angel and Pikachu, thanks.  Since I had the .2 taken out a few days ago, I have not PBd once, which is a pleasant change.  Of course, this could be dangerous too, especially as I will soon be confronted with endless food!  Although,  If being in an elevated place tightens the band a bit, we could always stand on our rooves for a few days to lose a few kilos  :P.

• Like 2

That is good info for me when I get to NZ, Angel and Pikachu, thanks.  Since I had the .2 taken out a few days ago, I have not PBd once, which is a pleasant change.  Of course, this could be dangerous too, especially as I will soon be confronted with endless food!  Although,  If being in an elevated place tightens the band a bit, we could always stand on our rooves for a few days to lose a few kilos  :P.

See jan, every cloud has a silver lining! Or in your case, soon a long white cloud ;) Enjoy NZ

A bit late checking in this week.

Well my trips to Canberra and Brissie resulted in a gain in 400 gram so pretty good me thinks as I did what I want.  I even used the treadmill in the hotel to my own amazement.

Off to Brissie again this weekend then come next Monday back into it hard.  I need to see 63.5 kg by 29 April.

Good luck all, chat next week.  Looking forward to hear your stories.

Morning peeps

Another rainy day here in Coffs.  It is really starting to impact my exercise routine :(

Well this morning I was a surprising 64.1kg so down by 700g since last week and I don't know how that happened at all after 2 weekends in a row in Qld with no abatement to what I ate and drank. 

Inching closer to my 63.5kg goal for my cruise which is now less than 30 days woohoo......

Have a great day

Feel a bit lonely here nowadays lol.

After my 3 naughty naughty weekends away, I only had a gain of 200g, unbelievable but hey I will take it.

Off to Melbourne this weekend so another naughty weekend :P wish me luck haha.

Back from the most wonderful cruise - 14 days to New Zealand.  Was our first cruise, but certainly not our last.  I was terrified to get on the scales this morning, as I had eaten too much, although I used the stairs instead of the lift wherever possible, and never ate all that was on my plate, even though it was all so delicious. So imagine my surprise to get on the scales  and find out I had only put on 2 or may be 3 kgs.  Unless my scales are broken, it is a bloody miracle!  Pikachu, you will love it.  You don't have to do anything.  I mean anything.  You room is cleaned and bed made as many times a day as you want, chocolates on your pillow each night, just have to hold up a hand and a waiter is there ready to get you whatever you want.   You swan down to dinner [we did the formal dining room, which I would advise] all dolled up and it is the works - silver service restaurant.  Linen napkins which the waiter puts on your lap after pulling your chair out and back in, the waiter or assistant waiter remembers what you drink and it appears in front of you in about five seconds.  And the menu!! It changes every night, and everything is soooo good.  Any questions you want answered, just send to me and I will be happy to reply.

• Like 3