Sign in to follow this  
lovesmybabies

Thermomix recipes please!!!!

So my Christmas pressie to myself is a thermomix, should be arriving in the next week or so. I would love to know your best band friendly recipes. I have trouble with meats rice and pasta so anything saucy would be great!

No suggestions here, just letting you know I am soooo jealous!

Lusting after a thermomix myself atm.

• Like 2

I have a friend...non banded, who has gained over 10kg since her thermomix arrived

• Like 3

No suggestions here, just letting you know I am soooo jealous!

Lusting after a thermomix myself atm.

No one actually needs a thermomix...it just does the same thing as other appliances most people already own. 

I have a friend...non banded, who has gained over 10kg since her thermomix arrived

Ha! Did you recommend a lap band?  :P 

• Like 1

The Bellini from target is well worth it. I bought one, but found cooking for one a bit lonely. If you have a family they are great. $279 and a 12 month warranty. You can't go wrong to try it and see if you would use enough to buy a thermo.

• Like 1

Ha! Did you recommend a lap band?  :P 

She sure needs one...but I think the impulse to eat is greater than the need to lose weight.

She sure needs one...but I think the impulse to eat is greater than the need to lose weight.

A place so many of us once lived..

• Like 2

Sometimes I still live there temporarily

I seem to vacation there from time to time (including public holiday weekends lol)

• Like 1

A place so many of us once lived..

At the moment, it's my permanent residence.....I need to move out and find somewhere else to live....who's got a spare room in a skinny house?

• Like 1

So my Christmas pressie to myself is a thermomix, should be arriving in the next week or so. I would love to know your best band friendly recipes. I have trouble with meats rice and pasta so anything saucy would be great!

Alyce Alexandra (Google her) has published three fabulous Thermomix cookbooks. They're full of the most gorgeous recipes - light, bright, tasty, fresh and so very delicious. The recipe book that comes with the Thermie is a little stodgy and dreary.

Kate.

• Like 1

The danger of a Thermomix (I have one) is ALL of the cakes and deserts that you can make so easily. I don't use as much as my daughter, but here are quite alot of healthy recipes if you look.

Having to make stuff the old fasion way turns me off cake and desserts, but i would love a thermie. Then again have all sorts of appliances that i just done use...icecream maker, bread maker, pie maker, sandwich press, slow cooker, pressure cooker....and the list goes on. Dont know that i would not revert to the old ways and this would be another bit of junk in my cupboard.

I actually don't have access to a thermie at the moment, but when I was doing my Opti phase and for a few months after, I had my mums and it was a life-saver!

Sooo easy to steam meat and veggies and make a simple sauce without having to think about it. I used a lot of the recipes from the standard books, but made my own adjustments, like replacing most of the oil used with a thermie stock and cooking starchy carbs for my meat and potatoes (yet ridiculously fit) man, while I substituted more veggies for myself!

I also used it to make green smoothies as I was struggling with food in the morning (incidentally, I still have a green smoothie every morning, just made with my little blender which is sadly on its way out!)

There are still recipes that I use now, but adapt them for my current kitchen situation :(

Personally I LOVE Tenina's books. She actually has a lot of great healthy options. Even though there are a LOT of less healthy recipes in there, the best thing about those recipes is that she uses mostly whole and such flavourful ingredients that even if you are tempted into making one of her sweet concoctions, they are so rich that you can only have a tiny portion anyway!

I have a rule that if I make a "sometimes food", I have to share it. Usually that means putting a small portion aside for myself, and then bringing the rest into work.

Good luck with your new toy!