Doghole

Shoulder Pain

Hi All

I was banded 25th August 2014 . Had severe shoulder pain for two weeks at the start (Pain 9/10), I have continued to have annoying shoulder pain right up to now, Pain 4-10). Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Apart from the shoulder pain, going well lost 15kg, going to gym, feel good, do love my band

Thanks Brian

I am 15 months banded and still get minor shoulder tip pain (2/10) but only if I eat too much or too fast. I don't mind at all as it is a gentle reminder to do the right thing!

Me too, mainly in bed (3/10) think it might be related to fast, too much at tea time. Banded 7/8.

I had shoulder pain for a few months post banding, the first few weeks it was constant and the next few months from eating too much or too fast. It is very common because there is a nerve that runs through the area of your stomach that is banded, squeezing food through the band squeezes the nerve causing referred shoulder pain. Just try to slow things down a bit and it will resolve itself.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I dont think I'm eating too much, will try and really slow it down and see how I go

Cheers Brian

I am 3 days op op and that shoulder pain is so bad! I warm up my heat packs every hour or so.  I find if I sit really still for 10 mins or so I get some relief.  hope it goes soon! :-(

• Like 1

I paced around the house. That helps move the gas and on the up side a little bit of exercise. I'm struggling today with it I'm back in the truck so I'm doing limited movements.

• Like 2

yeah I agree brods, I am like a stalker here at night time, only way to get some relief really. the pain has eased on my shoulder thus far, fingers crossed it stays away.  you are very brave, I couldn't go back to work just yet. but you gotta do what you gotta do hey!

Shoulder rolls, bicep curls, arms lifts.... all the things that are that shoulder tip arm related. Keep it moving, even when watching TV.

Clench fist and rub circularly on your chest on the side of said shoulder pain and burp away.

Massage behind the shoulder (by someone else of course) will take away the pain too.

Some ppl like Degas pills, I didn't have shoulder pain or any gas pain so didn't try them.

And yes, hot packs ease the pain, but do not take it away (the gas inside).

;) 

I found that ice packs helped me, along with laying down...nothing else anyone suggested worked for me.

I got a new product called Dulcogas - its powder it dissolves on your tongue.  I really don't know if it made a difference - my Dad says it just gives you something else to think of for a while lol.

Hi 

I had so much gas pain but mainly in my chest and belly I didn't get the shoulders so much. I begged for pain relief for this and I was told that there is nothing that will relieve it but walking. I haunted the ward for the first two nights and was constantly walking whenever I could. Now i have no gas pain except occasionally in my tummy which is still bloated.