MissDebb

Easy Lunch ideas

Hey All,

I know there are a few post on here about lunch ideas for the "mushy" faze but my issue is, I am a sales rep and spend my days out on the road driving all over Victoria.

I don't really get a break as such and I have no access to a microwave or fridge. I can take an esky with freezer blocks but it only stays cold for so long....

Any ideas would be great 😊

When I was on mushies, I kept tins of tuna on hand when I went out incase I couldn't find something suitable to eat. Sandwich tuna became my friend. Baked Beans is a good source of protein and can be chewed down to nothing. Optifast shakes require cold water, but freezing a bottle of water solves that issue and they satisfy for a lunch on the road. 

I've just had a holiday in NZ driving across the North Island and with freezy blocks in a fridge bag, I got 6 hours of solid ice out of them. I didn't take chicken or eggs on my journey but salads and coleslaw for you, well I don't see why it wouldn't last?

• Like 1

yes, I imagine it's hard if you don't have a fridge or microwave.

I agree with AB the spreadable tuna is pretty good. Really I can't think of an option that doesn't need to be refrigerated. You could eat Tuna at room temp but I think it would be pretty gross. I also like:

• ricotta cheese
  • yoghurt
  • baked beans pureed
  • lamb roast or roast chicken pureed
  • refried beans with a bit of sour cream and salsa
  • laughing cow cheese wedges
  • Like 1

How are those baby squeezy pouches or jars of stuff. I had a few of those going on during my mushy stage. Never realised how good some of that stuff is. The savory stuff was always pretty bland though. There's plenty of those that don't need cooling or heating.

• Like 1

Laughing cow cheese wedges hmm I keep seeing people talking them, I should look into it! I do miss cheese.....

Thanks you've all giving me so good ideas! AB yes laughing cow cheese is yum, it's like a cream cheese so I guess it would go down real easy! (Problem is only stopping at one lol)

• Like 2

I remember having those once, but spun out at how many calories they had (can't remember how many now). But, yeah, absolutely dangerously yum.

• Like 1

I kept tins of tuna on hand when I went out incase I couldn't find something suitable to eat. Sandwich tuna became my friend.

OMG AB I am soooo dumb, I have not even considered the idea of some nice sandwich Tuna! and I LOVE tuna, tomorrow its off to the shops for me for some tuna! I have been living on baked beans, mashed vegies and other things with cottage cheese whizzed through. I am good with same ole same ole but (boring hey!)

Thanks!

• Like 2

Go really easy with that tuna though, unless its lubed, like a can of the flavoured stuff or mix some mayonnaise into it. Dry tuna can be really nasty, so if you're doing that, take it really easy.

• Like 1

Dietician ok'ed the Tuna in springwater or in Olive oil (but drain some of the oil out). Plenty of "lube" in there to help slide the tuna down. The calories on some of the flavoured ones ouch. Like the seeded mustard, tasty but not so good on the hips. Brine I could not eat.

• Like 1

I hmm might wait another week I think just in case. I'm only 3 weeks post op mon, there is no hurry. I might get the small ones in oil as suggested, thanks ladies.

• Like 1

Hiya - I always carry Up and Go with me in my handbag - strawberry is my current favourite. 

• Like 2

curried egg in a barley wrap for me today with a few thin slices of avo... super yummie!

thanks to kaz re the barley wraps, Ive never had them before today, loved em!

I miss curried egg sandwiches. Can you get barley wraps from the supermarket ?

tomorrow for work I have some small wholegrain crackers from aldi, avo, cottage cheese and small tin flavoured tuna .... bit of salt, yum yum. oh with cherry tomatoes sliced ontop too!