LMD

summer work lunches

so it seems that soups and currys are the standard option for work lunches during winter, but what about the warmer months!

everybody instantly thinks salad! but im just not someone who can eat rabbit food for 3 months...

so, this is my list of meals i'll be rotating and bringing into work for the next few months.

please feel free to add your own delicious meals and help me mix it up ^_^  ^_^

- BLAT salad (poached egg optional)

- grilled salmon on bed of spinach

- minced meat and vegetable lettuce cups

- pita bread pizza

- zucchini slice

- lamb/falafel salad

- chilli con carne/taco salad

• Like 1

Bean/lentil salad

pocket bread with chicken, celery and mayo

any left overs

• Like 1

meatballs/patties with salad/veges

curried egg (or mashed egg) on vitawheats

slices of turkey/ham on vitawheats

curried egg and lettuce on Goodness Superfoods barley wraps

any other filling on the barley wrap (one wrap has 32% of your daily fibre needs :) )

• Like 1

chobani yoghurt with slices of fruit and a sprinkle of Gentle Fibre

• Beef Lasagne (I use eggplant instead of pasta)
  • Tuna/Salmon patties 
  • Oven baked chicken breasts. I drizzle with a bit of garlic oil, and serve with homemade slaw
  • Beetroot salad with boiled eggs
  • Kale salad, peeled cherry tomatoes (I have trouble with the skins), tuna and cracked pepper (mix together just before eating) and I add a few croutons with this (or dry roasted almonds)
  • Like 2

1/2 small can tuna

cottage cheese

half a potato (microwaved)

fresh herb mix

yummm!

Mmmmm...this week I think I'll have an omelette with a piece of toast for lunch...I pre-make the omelette leaving it a little runny and then just nuke it in a microwave at work.

• Like 3

Changed my mind. Think I will buy a salad for lunch or maybe vietnamese paper rolls (which is weird as that is not normally something I ever feel like eating), then I will have an omelette or egg/s on toast for dinner as that's super quick to make. Also, I've been add chilli flakes to the fillings in my omelet or served with my eggs. I just can't get enough chilli at the moment.

rice paper rolls...yummy! I make my own

• Like 2

I just can't get enough chilli at the moment.

Could it be, with the new beau, you are feeling hot hot hot? lol  ;) 

• Like 1

Could it be, with the new beau, you are feeling hot hot hot? lol  ;) 

lol...no it's because I'm going through a Malaysian food phase where I've been eating it regularly for the last 6 months. And this place where I get my chicken curry from has the hottest chicken curry ever. Now at any other Malaysian restaurant I add extra chilli to my food to try and get it as hot as this one place makes they're chicken curry.

• Like 1

I like making a Korean style beef stir fry. Just get the pan really hot, add beef mince and grated veggies (I used carrot, sweet potato with chopped beans, peas and mushrooms last time) and let them cook together. Add a bit of soy and hoisin sauce and some leftover rice if you have it. If I feel like it I will make a little omelette and sprinkle with sesame oil. I made this yesterday for lunch for me and my husband and we had enough leftovers for dinner and lunch today. Really quick and tasty.

• Like 1

lol...no it's because I'm going through a Malaysian food phase where I've been eating it regularly for the last 6 months. And this place where I get my chicken curry from has the hottest chicken curry ever. Now at any other Malaysian restaurant I add extra chilli to my food to try and get it as hot as this one place makes they're chicken curry.

Awww! As for hot food, nope I can not handle it! I am the biggest chilli woose on the planet. I used to watch my Mum eat them, crying and sweating and she'd look up at me and say "it's the best ever Ang!". I'd look at her and think wtf!? You look like you are in pain!! Apparently that is all part of the experience of a hot curry. I'd be scared of having to spend the next week on the loo lol

Awww! As for hot food, nope I can not handle it! I am the biggest chilli woose on the planet. I used to watch my Mum eat them, crying and sweating and she'd look up at me and say "it's the best ever Ang!". I'd look at her and think wtf!? You look like you are in pain!! Apparently that is all part of the experience of a hot curry. I'd be scared of having to spend the next week on the loo lol

I have IBS, but curries or chilli have never caused any stomach problems for me.

I have IBS, but curries or chilli have never caused any stomach problems for me.

Yes I know you do, which surprised me when you said chilli. I haven't had chilli or curries since the band, but my IBS and SIBO is ALOT better so maybe it's time to give it a go again.

• Like 1

Yes I know you do, which surprised me when you said chilli. I haven't had chilli or curries since the band, but my IBS and SIBO is ALOT better so maybe it's time to give it a go again.

you've got nothing to lose...sometimes if I get the runs or when I've vomited (as in not PB but sick), I often think about the possible weight loss as a consequence...hehehe
  • Like 1

you've got nothing to lose...sometimes if I get the runs or when I've vomited (as in not PB but sick), I often think about the possible weight loss as a consequence...hehehe

Ha! Nothing like a bit of gastro to kick start the weight loss. That cracked me up lol I'm likin' your style!

Ha! Nothing like a bit of gastro to kick start the weight loss. That cracked me up lol I'm likin' your style!

Gastro did originally kick off my weight loss years ago. I just thought my stomach issues had gotten worst. Lost 10kgs in 6 weeks as I was too afraid to eat anything. After that I had testing and was told I had IBS. But now I realise that when it was really bad it was gastro, but I'd never had it before so didn't know. hahaha

The salad I had yesterday was delicious...Another salad for lunch today. Think I'll have a Thai Chicken Salad.

• Like 1

I have a bit of mice and mashed potatoe for work lunch today, with a small banana and light custard for afternoon tea.

*mince* NOT mice lol

• Like 1

I thought someone would llike that deb 😃

Mind u a wee mouse would be a lot of protein hey ðŸ˜

*mince* NOT mice lol

Getting a bit desperate for protein over there in QLD are ya Zen? LOL

Ok now I see the reply on page 2 about protein dammit.

Sometimes I wish this was a reverse forum meaning the most recent post is when the thread is opened. This backwards going forwards breaks me!