Robyn52

Are there many March 2015 Sleevers

Thank you Bambam,

I am all ready so it is just the waiting game now, I'm not sure who is next

It has been so quite on this forum, there are only a few of us I think for March.

There are nineteen for March on another forum.

• Like 1

Good luck to all our March sleevers!!

sip, sip, sip!

• Like 2

Thank you Kazbo,

It's all starting to become sooo real now, this time tomorrow I will proberly be feeling

A bit sore just hope I don't reget it.

• Like 1

Think of the end goal Robyn, I'm sure you will do great! Best of luck!! 😊ðŸ‘

Thank you Bambam,

I am all ready so it is just the waiting game now, I'm not sure who is next

It has been so quite on this forum, there are only a few of us I think for March.

There are nineteen for March on another forum.

What other forum ????? 

• Like 1

How are you pulling up Robyn52?  Day 2 - you're probably feeling pretty shabby!

Welcome to the sleeved side March sleevers who have had it done, and all the best for those yet to be.

:)

• Like 1

Posted Today, 04:57 PM

Hi All,

I am on the sleeved side, had my op on Wednesday, there were nine of us on the day.

I have had a dream operation and recovery with the only pain being when I got out of bed a couple of hrs after the op

And a bit of chest pain that was from wind but that went after a walk up the corridor.

I don't feel like I have had an operation let alone most of my tummy removed and I have zero appetite so my biggest challenge

Has been remembering to drink so I have set my alarm every hour on my phone to keep me on track.

Dr Liew was absolutely wonderful I am sooo pleased that I choose him for my surgeon and a big bonus was that he does not charge a gap so my out of pocket expenses were $450 excess for hospital and $532 for the aneathetist .

Am I happy that I have had this sleeve surgery, YES YES YES , Best wishes to all the others waiting for their sleeves and I hope you also have a dream op and recovery.

• Like 1

Way to go Robyn! Awesome stuff, so glad things have gone well for you. 😊ðŸ‘

Hello All, I go in for my sleeve on Wednesday 18th. I have lost 7kg on Optifast in 10 days, the hardest part having to eat 150g of lean meat a day and not feeling like I'm cheating. My goal weight is 105kg from 163kg (192cm and built like a rugby union front rower). Mr Basson from the BMI Clinic in Joondalup is my surgeon. I hope you are all doing well. I do have a question; What seems to be the best clear drink during the initial period of recovery?

Hi Mulie and welcome,

You are only on clear liquids for the first 2 days after surgery and you will still be in hospital,

then you go on free liquids ie, Optifast , Optislim, Up and Go Vive, Sustagen popper, Juice,

Drinking Yoghurt, Thin Soups eg Tomato, Bonox, Milo, Tea and Coffee, Water, Hydrolyte,

Gastrolyte and also the ice poles.

I was told to put a Berocca in my water bottle each day for the first few weeks, but you MUST

Let it go flat before drinking.

My fluid recommendations are:

Day 1. 30ml/hr

Day 2. 50ml/ hr

Day 3. 60ml/ hr

Day 4. 70ml/ hr

Day 5. 80 ml/ hr

Day 6. 90 ml/hr

Day 7. 100ml / hr

Stay on 100 ml / hr until I see my Dietitian .

I had to set my alarm on my phone to keep on track each hour because I have zero appetite.

This was my recommendation from my Surgeon BUT every surgeon is different .

Hope this helps you and best wishes for your surgery on Wednesday, keep us informed.

Robyn

• Like 1

Good luck for tomorrow Scoots and Mulie,

Wishing you both a very speedy recovery.

Don't forget to give us all an update when you are up to it.

Robyn

Hi Healthymumtocome,

So good to here you are doing well, what day were you sleeved im sorry I didn't see your post to

wish you luck .

I am 9 days post op and not having any problems and pleased to say I still don't feel any hunger.

I have done up a spreadsheet in 1/2 hr segments, printed that out and when I wake up I fill my glass

to my hourly fluid amount and sip till its gone, then I fill my spreadsheet in for the rest of the day and set my alarms

on my phone if I don't do this I would not get my fluids in . Way over the top I know but my only concern is forgetting

to drink my shakes and keep track of my fluids.

How are you going Bambam and Mrs Fig ?

• Like 1

One day post op and very sore and windy. Struggling to get my fluid down and seriously wondering whether this is worth it.

Mulie I an sorry for you that you are in pain, I found that the sooner you get up and walk that it really helps

With the wind, I was up walking the corridor a few hours after my operation ( with my husband by my side )

and the wind pain in my chest was gone when I got back into bed. I only walked for about 10 to 15 min.

Don't stress about the fluids while you are on the drip, you are getting all that you need from the drip at the

moment. So try not to rush it . Talk to your doctor about it if it concerns you.

I hope you feel better in the morning, I am thinking of you .

Hi Mulie I am so sorry that you are struggling, I found that the sooner you get up and walk really helps with the wind

I was up a few hours after my op walking the corridor ( with my husband by my side ) and the chest pain I had from wind was gone before I got back into bed I only walked for about 10/15 mins.

Try not to stress about your fluids while you are on the drip, you are getting all the fluids you need at this point from your drip.

It will get better and easier for you each day.

I hope you feel much better in the morning and with no regrets I know I don't have any regrets,

I will be thinking of you .

• Like 1

Thanks Robyn, feeling heaps better. Some good painkillers and a good breaking of wind can do wonders for one's state of well being.

• Like 1

I am going in on Monday afternoon for the operation. Started to have second thoughts about the surgery - scared something will go wrong mainly... Getting past that now & getting excited for the new chapter of my life to begin!

I'm so glad everyone is doing well post op so far :-)

You are quite right Robyn, moving and getting big breaths in to your lungs is the key to getting rid of the wind (which is painful until it goes).

Good luck for today Mrs Fig and Mystique , I wish you both a speedy recovery.

I had my sleeve on the 11th March and feel fantastic , it is wonderful not feeling

Hungry all the time.

Don't worry Mystique it won't be long before you will be able to enjoy the foods

that you love, only in a lot smaller amounts.

How are all the other March Sleevers going ?

• Like 1

Good luck Mrs Fig and Mystique...wishing you a speedy recovery :-)

Great to hear your going so well Robyn, gives such motivation...

I'm on the count down.....on the morning list for next Monday!

• Like 1