Sign in to follow this  
rumplebear

Got given an air fryer

Not really a recipe, but a friend gave me an air fryer that she didn't use. I haven't used it yet, has any one got any tips or tricks or recipes for me?

• Like 1

I was thinking of buying one too. Info would be great before i invest.

• Like 1

We have a Phillips Air Fryer and love it.

Simple and easy to use.

We use it literally every day to cook various foods.

Do a search on the manufacturers web site and Youtube for recipes!

we have had one for nearly 2 years, we LOVE ours, use it everyday!  its does the salmon pieces real nice and crunchy on the outside and still moist on the inside, best item ever!

• Like 2

Youtube vids look great. Now I want one. Great just what I need another gadget for my kitchen.

Check out this Indian chef who cooks numerous things in videos in an air fryer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djmgqrl_stM

OMG did he say ghee? yikes

One of these would be deadly in my house. With all the healthier things able to be made, leave it to me to do hot chips on a daily basis. This would be a no goer for me  :unsure: 

You do realise Indian's cook with ghee (??)

Well I do now! I don't eat much indian food, my stomach has never been able to handle it. The occasional visit to indian restaurants has in the past rendered me house bound for a day or two. It's just how it's always been with my contrary stomach. So not knowing what goes into it isn't a shocker to me lol it's just one ingredient I cringe at. Another is palm oil. 

• Like 1

The vids look great. I am going to investigate. Hot chips would be an issue except they gets stuck! No go food for me.

• Like 2

The vids look great. I am going to investigate. Hot chips would be an issue except they gets stuck! No go food for me.

Gravy helps.....  :ph34r: 

• Like 1

yeah same here duck! no hot chips or soft bread for this lil duck either!

does anyone here familiar with the philips air fryer?? i was willing to buy phillips air fryer  please if someone has an experience with it tell me is it really worth it?? how much power usage it requires?? will it consume lots of energy? and does the fired products i.e. french fries taste good??

does anyone here familiar with the philips air fryer?? i was willing to buy phillips air fryer  please if someone has an experience with it tell me is it really worth it?? how much power usage it requires?? will it consume lots of energy? and does the fired products i.e. french fries taste good??

Um - this is a pre-op recipe forum.

Not sure how things such as french fries fit into this category.