shampoo

for women- TMI

I am due to be banded in a few weeks. My period is very irregular and i havnt had it for awhile. I have a feeling i will get it just before surgery. Will this be an issue? Did anyone go through this?

I also had my period when I was banded ... Not an issue at all just let the nurse

that checks u on know ... Hopefully it won't be to much of a hassle for u good luck on ur banding and much success to u

• Like 1

Mine came on with the quick weight loss from the opti and stayed for 5 weeks after surgery. It was fine, just told the nurse at admission 

I believe you'll need to wear a pad for the surgery if you do get it, but just make sure you per your nurses know

I believe you'll need to wear a pad for the surgery if you do get it, but just make sure you let your nurses know

Having your period is not an issue (nothing surgical happening down there) , in fact a lot of females not on the pill or hormone device seam to get a period before or just after surgery regardless of the stage cycle. Just let the nurses know and no tampons , easier to change a pad then the other if your unable to manage/sleepy,or infection risk if forgotten.  Having your hair permed or curled before surgery seams to be a wast of money as many patients complain that it had relaxed . Don't know the science of why weather it was the gasses used or not but they weren't happy.    

• Like 2

I had mine at surgery too, I just let the Nurses know and they were awesome.

Got to wear my own underwear and pad for surgery and they helped me change after when things had got a bit messy.

• Like 1