Yesterday was the 16th April and on that day in 2014 I had my gastric band fitted by Dr K Dolan here in Perth. I've always posted photos of me on my profile pic so I could be seen, but I have not done something like this before. Below I've combined a photo of me looking like a nightmare on steroids at 6am on the day of my surgery lol. My skin was bad due to my T2Diabetes being high all week (stress I'd say and Optifast), not alot of sleep due to excitement and of course the look of omg today is the day....

I've always taken progress pics, it started fortnightly, then monthly, now it seems I'm just a conceited b*tch I am taking photos all the time! The 2nd picture is half way through my year, when I truly felt like a major change had happened. By October I had lost around 30kgs or so.

And the last photo marked April is of course now. Taken in my backyard and feeling great. 36kgs gone, as with my T2D and it's medications.

Sometimes to see how far we have come, we need to glance back and see where we started. I am just over half way now and never did I feel this was possible with all the medical problems, bad habits and lack of exercise I had in my corner 12 months ago. Some days are tough but most days are good, but encouragement is still always graciously accepted :D

post-19939-0-94127200-1429248012_thumb.j

• Like 11

Wow!

The Incredible Shrinking Woman!

Very inspirational, and thank you for posting.  Well done on all your hard work and achievement!

:) 

• Like 2

Awesome! You look amazing xxxx

• Like 1

You gotta be happy with that.  Putting the pics all together make it very obvious of your changes to date - congrats.  ps I have that purple shirt also lol

• Like 1

Well done AB, I think you look fabulous. I admire all you have done, you have such a positive attitude.

• Like 1

You are brave! I can not put a before photo up, i am so ashamed at who i was :( what a great effort and change.

• Like 1