tishtish

My Interview on Queensland ABC Radio

Earlier today I received a message from a producer at Queensland ABC radio who'd read the interview I did a while ago for a newspaper about my lap banding experience asking if they could interview me on the radio. Of course I said yes. I'll jump at every chance I get to promote lap banding.

So here's a link to the podcast. I think I did ok. (Other than sounding like a total bogan ... lol)

http://blogs.abc.net.au/queensland/2015/04/free-surgery-for-obese-queenslanders.html?site=brisbane&program=612_drive

• Like 8

You sounded very professional Trish good job but just to clarify you had lap and not gastric bypass is that right??

Ps I've sent you a personal msg a couple of weeks back

Thanks hutch

• Like 1

Lovely news, 2 years ago a mens health magazine had an article on the benifents of Lap Banding and had my progress pictures which my dietitian had taken. 

I love getting thew message out there that banding could be the answer to reversing the type 2 diabetes.

• Like 2

You sounded very professional Trish good job but just to clarify you had lap and not gastric bypass is that right??

Ps I've sent you a personal msg a couple of weeks back

Thanks hutch

Thanks Hutch, yep ... I had a lap band, not bypass.

I'll check my inbox.

Good interview! The only thing that wasn't emphasised by the doctor (though Trish did try to say it wasn't a walk in the park) was that you do have to be ready for this change.  If you gave every obese person this surgery for free I imagine there would be a pretty good failure rate if they weren't also mentally prepared.  The cost can be prohibitive to some people and I can't see that  giving these people a hand up (not hand out) and reducing the costs would be a great strain.  As the doctor said, Diabetes 2 is already a great drain on health resources and it's a band aid in the cost of meds etc. when it can be "cured" by proper diet and weight control in long term.  

• Like 2

Great stuff tish. I agree with ozchick. Govt is currently investigating making lapband free. I know that the band is not a silver bullett, worried about what would happen if it was free. Mrntal preparedness is the key to success.

• Like 1