Brisvegas Girl

Lower BMI Sleeve..Surgical Revision After Lapband Eroded

Official Weigh In Day and the scales show 57.1kg's!!! :D Another 2 kg's gone this fortnight!!! Can see the "Goal Weight Finish Line" up ahead and I'm almost on the home stretch now!!! I'd like to think I'll get there for my 6 month "Sleeveaversary" which will be on my next Official Weigh In Day, but I know that's pushing my luck way too far!!:lol:

Still......22.7kg's down in 22 weeks isn't bad for 5.5 months Post Op all things considered:) 

• Like 3

It's Official Weigh In Day and the scales show that this fortnight I've lost NOTHING!!!!:( FFS's!!!! "Not Happy Jan" doesn't even come close to how I'm feeling!!!:angry:

Looks like I've hit another stall just short of the finish line!! Pipped at the frucking post again!!!:angry: WHY????????

Last week (after seeing I'd lost pretty well nothing when I had my "off week" weigh in) I even resorted to downloading an App so I could start counting calories properly just in case I was having far too many and I upped the exercise all for frucking nothing it seems!! I'm feeling really frustrated and pi$$ed off right now!!! I know.....I do a good job of hiding it don't I???;):lol:

Anyhoo...I've also noticed over the last 2 weeks, but in this last week in particular that I am feeling more hungry and that I can eat more...a lot more than previously. I have also noticed that the restriction in my Sleeve doesn't feel as obvious?? strong?? effective?? I'm not sure what the right word is that I'm looking for here?? Either way.....it's just not as good as it was and has been since I had the surgery which is making me feel more than a tad anxious about the future.:unsure:

I know it's normal for the stomach to start relaxing in the 12 months following surgery hence the ability to be able to eat more. I'm just worried about the "how much more" I'll be able to eat as I don't believe my Sleeve is as tight as other people's will be who've never had WLS before. I think/feel due to the Bands erosion/adhesions that my Sleeve size is bigger than that of first time WLS patients. I know the usual amount 12 months Post Op that most people can eat is 250mls give or take. I can occasionally get close to that now depending on what I'm eating!!!

What's also pi$$ing me off is knowing there are many other people that have converted from Band to Bypass/Mini Bypass (all in the one surgery usually) as it seems the majority of surgeons believe that the Sleeve is not as effective for Lapband patients having it done as a Revision. Not only do they lose weight slower than someone who's never had WLS before (which in itself is not a bad thing IMO)  but within a few years it seems they're putting weight back on or else haven't lost enough if there was still a fair amount to lose to begin with!!! I was flatly refused the Bypass/Mini Bypass when I requested it because I was deemed not "fat enough" despite loads of people having it done at exactly the same starting weight as I was when I had the Sleeve surgery!!!! When I  instead then requested the Minimizer Ring to go around the Sleeve as a bit of extra insurance against stretching, I was refused that as well FFS's!!!:angry:

And now here I am 6 months down the track either having a last minute stall or else the "Honeymoon Period" is well and truly over for me and this is going to be as good as it gets with the potential for it all to get a lot worse in the future.....:mellow: Will go back to basics with Optifast 2x a day as much as possible this fortnight and hope like hell that I can kick start things again in combination with the exercise.

Yeah....not a "Happy Camper" today in any way, shape or form......:(

Edited by goldilocks1973

Here I am and it's Official Weigh In Day today and the scales show 55.3 kg's!!!!!!!  Yippee!!!!:D  Seems all the calorie counting (which I truly loathe and despise having to do I might add) has paid off and I think I can officially declare this stall over!!!!:lol:

One of the benefits of me doing all the number crunching over the last 2 weeks has shown that I'm not getting enough protein on some days so I've bought some WPI (Whey Protein Isolate) powder to use on the days I'm falling short of the 60 gm mark that I'm supposed to have every day. I've not been using any up until this last week, but know how important it is to get the protein in (probably half the reason for my bloody hair loss!!) so bit the bullet yet again and got some. Only one thing left to do and that's turn all frigging Paleo and shit and then I'll be like the majority of people who it seems after WLS end up living on protein powder, vege's and fresh frucking air!!!:lol: Sorry, but a "Carb Nazi" I'll never be!!!:D

I also had my follow up at the hospital last week r.e hair loss and all my tests were just fine barring my Vit A which was a smidgen under the normal level but nothing to worry about. The Dietician went through what I'm eating and how much and was happy with how and what I'm doing. I'm still worried about how much I can eat now and especially how much more into the future after I watched this YouTube video:

About 1min 44 sec's into it when I saw how portion sizes change in the long term I freaked the fruck right out!!! No-one and I mean no-one has ever told me that after x- amount of years you'd be able to eat that much!!!:( I honestly dread the thought of it!!!:(

Anyhoo.....the GW Gold Cup is within my reach now finally!!! Here's hoping I'll be standing on the winners podium next fortnight!!!:)

Edited by goldilocks1973

Well done on the weight loss.

I watched the vid. What I got out of it was that if we sliip back into our old habits and don't excercise, then we only have ourselves to blame for a massive weight regain. 

I too am concerned about the volume I can eat 6 months out, but I am at goal weight, so the sleeve has done its job - the rest, and the hardest part, is completely up to me.

• Like 1

Thank-you:)  Yes, I understand all that and totally agree with you Luv, but a whole plateful of bloody food down the track???? There's got to be some weigh gain if you're eating that much eventually regardless of eating cleanly and exercising. I can't see how there couldn't be???:mellow:

Most days, in comparison to someone who hasn't had weight loss surgery, I eat very, very  little.

And on days when I eat more, it is still very little!  I am heading onto 10 months post-op, and (apart from a few exceptions) I still eat a very low carb diet with plenty of fibre from nuts and seeds and veg. Bang for my buck as far as nutrients and satiety go.

My weight appears to have stabilised, I am happy with where it is now, but my GP would like me to put on a few more kgs.

• Like 1

I ate a whole Lean Cuisine meal for dinner last night, which pretty much stuffed me to the brim and I was silly eating the last few mouthfuls (I still need to learn to leave food on the plate when I am full), which worried me but then when I realised that in the past I probably could have eaten  three or four, it didn't worry me as much. I get what you're saying, because I feel the same way, but I am just trying to take it day by day.

• Like 1

Ok enough is enough. I dont want to send out warnings but i will if need be. This is ridiculous. Remember that we are just typing words with no tone or language so it can always be misunderstood. I have deleted some threads on this topic that are deemed inappropriate. Can we please stay on topic and keep our own strong opinions about others to ourselves. I am in no way siding with any one person or topic. You can pm me if you would like to discuss this topic or post further, thank you for your understanding

Princess

Admin

Edited by Princess
  • Like 1

I ate a whole Lean Cuisine meal for dinner last night, which pretty much stuffed me to the brim and I was silly eating the last few mouthfuls (I still need to learn to leave food on the plate when I am full), which worried me but then when I realised that in the past I probably could have eaten  three or four, it didn't worry me as much. I get what you're saying, because I feel the same way, but I am just trying to take it day by day.

You are right as per usual Luv!!:)

I guess it's a matter of crossing that bridge if or when I come to it:)

Official Weigh In Day annnnnnd........53.6 kg's!!!!!!!!!!  GOAL WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!:D

Finally!!!! :D After 7 months and a few stalls along the way, Victory is mine and yes, it feels bloody good!!!:lol:

Now the next challenge begins.....Maintenance!!! In some ways I think that's going to require even more hard work for me to achieve in the long term than losing the weight in the first place all things considered r.e the Sleeve being revision surgery for me so not as much restriction as first timers in addition to the natural increase in portion size as time goes on as per the above video.

Nevertheless....I have some strategies in place to deal with it and my plan will be to allow a couple of kg's fluctuation due to monthly hormones/bloating for eg, but any more than that will be my cue to implement said strategies and stop the regain in it's tracks before it gets any worse.

For all who have been following the thread...or should I say, part thread/part blog:lol: and have supported me with your kind words and encouragement, I thank-you and so appreciate it:)

And to all the detractors out there (including my Surgeon who doubted that I could get to GW) I give you the one finger salute!! Fruck You!!!!:lol:

Read it and weep People!!!!:D

20151208_050455-1-1.jpg

Edited by goldilocks1973