Omi78

Newbie from Victoria "please help"

Hello fellow band/sleever's  :D 

OK so I've been looking to to getting this done for some time and l wish l did some thing about it when l thought about it as it's now a year and bit later :(

It's a long story but ill try and tell you a bit about why l need this done.

I did my knee back when l was 16 playing basketball so it's always been stuffed anyway l have 4 boys,the last boy who is nearly 2 years was born with a rear condition and we have spent a lot of time in the RCH Melbourne,we stay in the Ronald McDonald House,one time when we stayed l had a fall and and smashed the knee,so its stuffed and l need a knee replacement which they wont give me as I'm to young lol so by carrying around the weight l have now stuffed the other knee.

12 weeks ago l had some heavy Judy arthroscope done on both of my knees and boy O boy the pain is bull crap all while trying to look after 4 kids and stressing over the fact that l can't lose weight.

So along with 2 stuffed knees and a under activity thyroid I can NOT lose the weight for the life of me :(

So my knee surgeon and my GP both think that l need one of these done,I'm thinking sleeve :lol:

So if anyone out there can help me to get this done or where l could get it done hopefully on the Public list and l don't have private health and l don't have enough in my super to cover it all. 

Or if anyone knows any tricks to get it done quicky :rolleyes:

Thanks for taking the time to read xxx   

• Like 1

Hello fellow band/sleever's  :D 

OK so I've been looking to to getting this done for some time and l wish l did some thing about it when l thought about it as it's now a year and bit later :(

It's a long story but ill try and tell you a bit about why l need this done.

I did my knee back when l was 16 playing basketball so it's always been stuffed anyway l have 4 boys,the last boy who is nearly 2 years was born with a rear condition and we have spent a lot of time in the RCH Melbourne,we stay in the Ronald McDonald House,one time when we stayed l had a fall and and smashed the knee,so its stuffed and l need a knee replacement which they wont give me as I'm to young lol so by carrying around the weight l have now stuffed the other knee.

12 weeks ago l had some heavy Judy arthroscope done on both of my knees and boy O boy the pain is bull crap all while trying to look after 4 kids and stressing over the fact that l can't lose weight.

So along with 2 stuffed knees and a under activity thyroid I can NOT lose the weight for the life of me :(

So my knee surgeon and my GP both think that l need one of these done,I'm thinking sleeve :lol:

So if anyone out there can help me to get this done or where l could get it done hopefully on the Public list and l don't have private health and l don't have enough in my super to cover it all. 

Or if anyone knows any tricks to get it done quicky :rolleyes:

Thanks for taking the time to read xxx   

• Like 1

You made it over!!! :D  Don't worry about the double post. Hopefully people will reply in here now I've started it off and the other thread will just fall away. You probably can delete it, but buggered if I know how?? :lol:  Maybe one of the more experienced Members here on the forum can tell you.

Am hoping you'll get some replies here that will help :) 

• Like 1

Hi there Omi78.

I believe they do public through the Austen and Box hill. expect several years of waitlists though.  Public paients have to jump alot more hurdels than private. You will need to get a referral from your GP to get the ball rolling. 

If you are able to get the weight off you will feel much less pain. Good luck.

• Like 2

When I spoke to Paul bartons office they said he does public as well with about a year waiting list so ring some of the private doctors to ask if they do public as well

I went private in the end as it was a years wait for the PHI I went with Simon Banting he is fantastic!!!

• Like 1

I may be wrong but I too hoped to get on the public list however was told that there isn't one now. You can use your super and pay full cost or wait a year, which is what I'm doing and am booked on Aug 4 (365 days from joining).

• Like 1

Just saw that you have some responses here Omi. I am with Medibank and Dr Draper from Melbourne Bariatrics- peninsula. My initial consultation in January was really positive.

• Like 1

When I spoke to Paul bartons office they said he does public as well with about a year waiting list so ring some of the private doctors to ask if they do public as well

I went private in the end as it was a years wait for the PHI I went with Simon Banting he is fantastic!!!

Hi Bellarose100

Can l ask who Paul Barton is and who dose he work for.

Where dose Simon Banting work,with who.

Just saw that you have some responses heee Omi. I am with Medibank and Dr Draper from Melbourne Bariatrics- peninsula. My initial consultation in January was really positive.

That's great Kat1974

I'll call and ask if he dose public ☺

Oh and sorry

I don't know how to generic of the other post lol

Merged posts, thanks guys

• Like 1

Hi goldilocks1973

I have made a running list of things l need to do and who to ring but l havnt started as lve been so busy getting ready to take my son to hospital.

Im sitting in the royal childrens hospital as l type, as he had a operation today.

So when l get home l am on to it as l want and need this done.

Thanks heaps xxx

• Like 1

I hope that your son is doing well. Hugs and kisses to you and your family.

• Like 3

@Omi78 Hope all went well with your sons operation Luv and he's recovering nicely and he'll be back home asap with you all :) 

Thanks for taking the time to touch base and I'll look out for your update in the near future :) 

• Like 1

Hi Goldilocks1973 and Duckie

We are home from hospital and it all went really well,,thanks for the well wishers :D

So now to try and get the ball rolling and get something done about this weight,,phone calls come at me :lol:

• Like 2

@Omi78 Am very glad to hear that Luv:)

Good luck with it all!!! You'll prob have RSI in your dialling finger by the time you've finished!!:lol:

Let us know how you go:)