Sign in to follow this  
Lyse

1 week until I am a bandit!

1 more week until I am banded!

Bit nervous, bit excited...

Anyone have any tips to prepare myself in my last week?

• Like 1

Hi Lyse,  Congrats on your impending op.  I did a bit of a cook up before I went into hospital both for what I would be able to eat afterwards and also for hubby.  I packed up little half cup meals of mushies.  Depending on whether you have help around the house I would get all your housework done change the sheets and do all the washing the day before hospital as you wont feel like it for about a week.  My hubby is good and did everything around the house washing etc looking after animals all I had to do was loll about and recover.  Maybe set yourself up with a good book or some mags or mindless stuff for when you come home also.  I was a bit intrepid the week before and I think I read the whole of this forum in that time which helped cement the decision I had made.  Good luck and hopefully soon your will be going down weight wise.

Thanks! I have a 2 year old so hopefully he wont be too much to handle!

My husband is pretty good, taking a few days off work so I can recover, also some help from his mother will be greatly appreciated!

All the best lyss. ...I agree with hen. Rest rest and take things real slow food wise. Follow surgeons rules to the tee and u should go just fine!

Thanks!

Trying to plan ahead and making sure I have plenty of soup for when I need it.

:)

Thanks! Hopefully this time tomorrow I will have had surgery!

• Like 2

Good luck Lyse

I am sure everything will go great.

Who is doing your surgery ?

Im just sitting in the "transit" room...

Bit bored... nervous.. hungry

Im number 3 on the list...

• Like 1

I rate shoulder tip pain up there with child birth. Extremely painful after coming to my room, but luckily the pain has all gone.

Tummy incisions weren't as bad, the odd ache. :)

shoulder tip pain  ......compared to child birth omg that must be bad you r scaring me lol i have my surgery in 2 weeks trying to get as much info as i  can.love your honesty so i know what I'm in for.. hope you get better soon will be looking at your post....

Shoulder pain has completely gone! Just a very tender and sore tummy now.

That shoulder pain.. wow.. it was pretty intense i wont lie, I literally thought why have I done this. Definitely get up and move as soon as you can. I was pretty drowsy and slept alot (even though it didn't feel like i was sleeping because i could still hear everything, even me snoring lol.. weird).

Is Tony doing your surgery?