Nessa1977

Updated pics

You might be surprised.

I dated a much much younger man for a while and he asked if I was embarrassed to be seen with him. I told him, are you kidding me? Did you see that woman practically high fiving me ? lol

• Like 1

True but still.  I've "known" him for over a year now.  I mean I have coffee with him after our PT session, but that's about it.  I prefer to call myself a little traditional, in that if a guy wants to date me, he can ask me out.

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong?!?!?!

This is giving me a headache  :(

• Like 2

God you lot crack me up.  I wish we could all actually go for coffee and a laugh together, we'd have a great time.  Excuse my confusion Nessa, are the drinks Friday night with the trainer toy boy, or the cop who I am surmising is older than the pt? :blink:

• Like 1

Drinks with I guess same age guy LOL.  He's not a cop/detective (bugger).  He's a business systems analyst for the DoJ.

He has 2 kids.  Not sure if divorced from wife or just split.

• Like 1

Drinks with I guess same age guy LOL.  He's not a cop/detective (bugger).  He's a business systems analyst for the DoJ.

He has 2 kids.  Not sure if divorced from wife or just split.

I find it funny how different we all are. You wrote earlier about being old fashioned with the whole he needs to ask me out thing. Or him being too young aka Mr PT....and yet here you are not sure about this guy that YOU are going for drinks with if he is divorced or just split? I'd definitely ask out someone and couldn't care about their age, but if he is only split up from the wife? No way I'd go near that rabbit hole! That would be my red flag and I wouldn't go for drinks with someone unless I knew that for sure first.

• Like 2

He's 35 and divorced for quite some years...I asked my friend yesterday. Because if it was a fresh split, I would've said no.

• Like 2

I just read that in another thread! Hell it's gonna be a good night...we need a nanny cam set up somewhere lol any one local available to take surveillance? 

LOL AB.  I kinda trust him seeing as where he works etc, but still.  It's a very public place and he's the friend of my coworker, so she knows him.

And hell no to the nanny cam!

You'll just have to wait til I report back on here  :P  :P  :P

• Like 2

Nessa, have a great time tonight.  I am sure your co-worker wouldn't set you up with a creep. Have a couple of drinks for dutch courage, and just talk and get to know him.  He is probably just as nervous as you are, and if you really don't like him, you can leave after a respectable time, and don't have to see him again. But as I have said, I am sure your co-worker will know what sort of guy you would like.  Just enjoy.

• Like 2

Was going to kill time with my coworker at her house before my 'date ' but she's been involved in a car accident. Now just parked on a random street in Werribee to kill time.

One hour to go...or do I cancel? Meeting at 7.30pm.

• Like 1

I hope you didn't cancel, Nessa and that you're having a fantastic time. Cannot wait to hear all about it.

Eek. I have been busy having a ''date'' with my husband, which consisted of sitting in a recliner [eating some chocolate coated peanuts I confess] and watching one of the Hobbit movies for the millionth time, so it is now  10.30pm and I have only just read your post Nessa about the car accident and ''?cancelling''.  I hope you didn't! Also hope your friend in the accident is okay. I will check again in the morning to hear all the goss about what happened last night.  Fingers crossed. x

• Like 1

I think last night went well.  There were a few moments of awkward silence. I just don't think fatigue and wine (only 2 glasses) are a good combination. Felt a bit ew by the end of the night. He told me to message him when I got home as he was a bit concerned and was relieved to hear from me. He messaged me this morning to say thank you for last night, found me easy to talk to (really?!?!) and that my tipsiness was kinda funny. I told him I'm glad I could be a source of his amusement lol. Last night was just drinks, he said himself it wasn't a date with "expectations at the end of the night"...whatever that means. He seemed keen to meet again, I don't know. I guess we'll see what happens.

My friend is OK, just very shaken up.  A truck clipped her car which sent her spinning into another car and that car flipped.  That driver just got a few minor scratches.

• Like 2

Nessa, I don't think a few awkward silences are a negative thing - from what I can remember of dating, these were to be expected.  We can't chat all night with someone we only just met, man or woman.  It was nice he asked you to let him know you got home safely, and also that he said the night had no ''expectations''. From what my daughters tell me [22 and 29], hardly any men ask you for an actual date - you just start talking at a bar or whatever and it goes on from there, and they said most of the men certainly do expect the night to end up at one of your places, and the woman is expected to be the ''dessert'' [if you know what I mean] to finish the night off.  Personally, I would no more jump into bed with a man I had known for a few hours than I would poke needles into my eyes [and that's my daughters thinking too thank God!].  So him saying that to you was a good sign of a decent guy, if you follow my warped thinking.

Glad your friend is okay.  Also would like to apologise to you for asking for updates on your private life.  I mean, I love to hear when things are going well for you, but I have no right to ask for details, so if I have caused some offence I am sorry.  Your private life is just that - private, unless of course you don't mind talking about it.  I find it a good place to get things off your chest, because the people you are 'talking' to you are not people you ever see, just ordinary people who all struggle with weight control, which as we all know is a situation no-one can really understand unless they have been there themselves.

• Like 2

It sounds promising, Nessa. It's normal in any social setting for there to be lulls in the conversation. He sounds like a gentleman and trust me, those are far and few between these days.

• Like 1

Sounds like the evening went well to me. Silences happen, even when friends have a coffee!

As for a 2nd meet up? What I'd do is see how I felt in a week...if I thought about him, wondered what he was up too or even wanted to call him, that would be my sign for a 2nd meet up. You're in charge remember, enjoy it :) 

• Like 1

I don't mind you asking. I have no one else to really talk to about these things. Well I have friends but I only tell them so much. I almost told my sister yesterday where I really was the other night, but I didn't want a million questions and we really don't talk about guys and dating etc. We're just not like that.

• Like 1

I am glad you have us to ''talk'' to then Nessa, so whenever you feel the need, talk away. 

• Like 1