iamabeetle

A newbie but an olide ;)

Hi there :)

Some of you may remember me.  My name is Stephanie.  I used to be a very active member around 3 years ago but dropped off the face of the earth after ending up having a workplace injury which lead me to being severely depressed and anxious.  Well, I'm back :)

I was banded in November 2010 by Dr Jason Winnett.  The heaviest weight I got to was 243kg.  I am currently 185.5kg.  I live in Melton, Victoria.  I have 4 children, work part time and am studying my for diploma in community services.

I am SO glad to be back.  It feels like it's taken forever for me to get a spark of motivation and 'want' to continue to achieve my goals.

I write a blog (I did my first entry in almost 2 years last night) and you can read it at www.movingforwardlookingforward.blogspot.com and I have just started a Facebook page as well (some of my friends suggested it would be a good idea - we'll see!) it's www.facebook.com/movingforwardlookingforward

Looking forward to seeing some old (and new) faces as I settle back in!

Stephanie

• Like 6

Hi stephanie, i am glad you have recovered and are back with us.

• Like 1

hi and welcome back, lovely to meet you!

It's nice to meet you. 3 years ago was before my time :) I was banded in Feb this year.

I live in Werribee, Victoria, so not that far away :)

Hi from me too, Iamabeetle.  I have only been posting for 2 years or so, so may not have met you yet.  Anyhow, nice to meet you and am glad you have found your way back here.  Every problem is so much easier to solve when you have all of us to talk to, and we all understand how hard it is to lose weight, and also hard to stop yourself from comfort eating.  Hope being back will be helpful for you.

Welcome back, I remember an article you featured in back in 2011, when I used to catch the train to/from Melbourne CBD. I knew I had made the right decision in 2011 to get my band. I found your story not only empowering but I had seen how the band could be such a great tool. 

Welcome back!!! We have the same surgeon, isn't he a beautiful person! It's an interesting journey, but well worth it IMHO. Look forward to seeing your progress!

• Like 1

Hi Stehanie,  I do remember you well.  Welcome back and get cracking with the weight loss.  I'm still waiting to get to goal after yo-yoing. (a lot due to meds but a bit of "woe is me" in there as well.  Just getting back on track and nice to see some familiar faces again.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome :) it's so nice to be back xo I'm trying to work out how to reply to everyone - the forum has changed a bit since I left!  Sorry if I muck it up!

• Like 1

Hi Stehanie,  I do remember you well.  Welcome back and get cracking with the weight loss.  I'm still waiting to get to goal after yo-yoing. (a lot due to meds but a bit of "woe is me" in there as well.  Just getting back on track and nice to see some familiar faces again.

I remember your name :) it's so nice to see so many familiar faces.  I was worried there wouldn't be many people who I would remember!  You can do this.  It is really a matter of being in the right head space.  I was on medication for several yeas when I got sick that made it hard for me to lose weight as well as feel motivated and energized to do anything.  You WILL get there xo

• Like 1

Hi stephanie, i am glad you have recovered and are back with us.

Thank you :) I'm glad to be back.

Hiya Stephanie, welcome back girl. Look fwd to getting to know you x

Same to you :) xo

hi and welcome back, lovely to meet you!

Thank you :)

It's nice to meet you. 3 years ago was before my time :) I was banded in Feb this year.

I live in Werribee, Victoria, so not that far away :)

We aren't far from one another at all :) they used to have get togethers and things like that on here.  Do they still do that?  I hope to get to one if they do.

Hi from me too, Iamabeetle.  I have only been posting for 2 years or so, so may not have met you yet.  Anyhow, nice to meet you and am glad you have found your way back here.  Every problem is so much easier to solve when you have all of us to talk to, and we all understand how hard it is to lose weight, and also hard to stop yourself from comfort eating.  Hope being back will be helpful for you.

Nice to meet you as well :) and yes, I remember this forum being a great support.  I haven't had a lot of time to be on here in the past week or so but I plan on dropping by a lot more.

Welcome back, I remember an article you featured in back in 2011, when I used to catch the train to/from Melbourne CBD. I knew I had made the right decision in 2011 to get my band. I found your story not only empowering but I had seen how the band could be such a great tool. 

Yes, that was me :) I am so glad to hear that you found it empowering.  I am glad that I shared that story.  No one should be treated like that and no one should have to justify anything about themselves.  I think I shared a very strong message about bullying but also that no one knows someone elses story until they have been told.  I am glad you know you've done the right thing :) it is a fantastic tool.  I just had .5ml put in and wow, I can certainly feel it!

Welcome back!!! We have the same surgeon, isn't he a beautiful person! It's an interesting journey, but well worth it IMHO. Look forward to seeing your progress!

He is lovely, hey!  I only met with Jason - I didn't meet with anyone else.  I knew he was the right man for the job.  He is so supportive and encouraging.  They have a great team :)

• Like 1

Hi Stephanie,

I've just been reading your blog.

You are a very strong, courageous woman.

Bless you.