DaveTownsend

Feedback on new site

Hi Everyone,

Please provide feedback and and potential issues on the new site here so that I can act on them as quickly as possible. 

Thanks!

Dave

BandingTogether

• Like 2

I'm finding this text color difficult to read. I feel like my eyes are straining to read it

I find the black on white much easier. It's only a tiny difference though

Anyone else notice this?

Also the double spacing is making posts take up a lot more space.

Edited by Nicolalia
  • Like 1

I'm with Nicholalia, having neuro-cognitive problems I am finding it harder to see...

As for the spacing, this is part of the default design of the forum sadly, it's not as easy to change. Will see what I can do but will do big "coding" changes in about 10 days or so once everyone has chipped in thoughts and ideas so that I only need to do one round of changes. 

If you find it all too big, you can also try holding down CTRL and - (the minus symbol) which will zoom out your browser a little bit (you can zoom back in with CTRL and + and reset to normal zoom with CTRL and 0 (zero))

Thanks

• Like 2

It's spinning me out a little but that is because I am so familiar with the old site. The new format is very similar to what we use at work (we use SharePoint) so hopefully it won't take much to get used to

weird but guess it will grow on us!  lol

• Like 1

The purple is nice. Special characters (accented e, etc) don't appear to be displaying properly. (Eg purée)

Okay, so it didn't display properly from my yesterday's post but worked above. Go figure. Lol

Having problems remaining logged in on my mobile? I've changed my password twice using the forgot password links, and it lets me change it and log in but if I open safari again later it's logged me out and won't accept the new password I chose. 

Take a bit of getting used to.

I quite like the activity stream.

I'll take a few days to get used to the new look and finding my way around, as is the case when anything changes, but so far I quite like it. If I could be a little nit picky ... I'd like to see the lines that separate posts within a thread a little darker/bolder, just to mark the difference between posts a little clearer. Maybe it's my screen or my old lady eyes ? lol

• Like 3

Teething problems.

The site keeps on logging me off, and then when I sign back in it won't accept my password, so I have to request a new one.

I revalidate it and make a "new" password (I just use my old one, and it accepts it!).

But it's a never ending cycle happening since yesterday afternoon.  Ground hog day.

Also, it wouldn't let me edit my profile...

Edited by denzel

takes ages to log in!!

... I'd like to see the lines that separate posts within a thread a little darker/bolder, just to mark the difference between posts a little clearer. Maybe it's my screen or my old lady eyes ? lol

I agree with this suggestion, it is difficult to look at so much stark white, even with my young eyes and 20/20 vision!!

I do love the purple, I'm quite into purple at the moment :-)

• Like 1

I was having problems with logging back in and passwords and I found the solution: enter your screen name - it won't accept your email - and then your password should work. It took me ages and much swearing to figure it out! :P

Eg: BeeBop

:)

• Like 3

I was having problems with logging back in and passwords and I found the solution: enter your screen name - it won't accept your email - and then your password should work. It took me ages and much swearing to figure it out! :P

Eg: BeeBop

Bless you BeeBop! xx

Edited by denzel
  • Like 1

Hard to find my old messages  that I've sent  to other users 

I think the new upgrade is fabulous. I like the visual appearance and colourings. Things I've discovered thus far that I miss (or can't find) are:

• On the right hand side of Home page, the column of Latest Topics, Status Updates etc no longer have a Toggle feature to close it.
  • The colour palette no longer offers "More colours" below the standard colours
  • Once in a thread, the Like button area no longer enables one to see who else has "Liked" a post by name. It only states the number of Likes for the post.
  • Go to Last Post (I think that is what it said) is no longer on the top right when a topic is opened to get to the last post. Opening a post and clicking that link would bypass many pages and take me to that last post, but now it's gone, it is somewhat of a time waster to get to a last post on a topic.
  • I can not view Band/Sleeve Status or Weight Loss Status images on left of posts under Member details. It's just an unloaded graphic thumbnail.
  • I used to be able to delete Notifications once I had read them. Now I can not find a delete option.

Thanks AB

• Like 5

I like it, but I only just found it, I thought it was broken!!!

It was my less computer literate than me husband who suggested "have you tried opening the page from the basic address, rather than your link?"

My link goes straight to the Recent Content bits!

Smartass he is :P

• Like 2

I miss the columns on the right hand side. Latest status, blogs, birthdays. 

Had trouble with logging in until I read beebop status saying not to use email.

Hi All,

Will work on all of these teething problems. Sorry for the issues, moving to a new version of the site comes with many positives but a few negatives too. 

I'm currently on holiday in Cairns celebrating the end of my girlfriend's degree (she finished last week!) so if I am slow to respond, it's not because I am ignoring anyone, it's just because I'm out on the reef or drowning in cocktails :)

Dave

• Like 7

So sorry to hear of your pain, Dave ... lol

Have a cocktail for us.

• Like 3

Anyone else notice Nicolalia's old profile pic randomly showing up all over the forums?