DaveTownsend

Feedback on new site

Mine isn't so much an issue, rather a question. Is there a way to open up the comments on people's statuses without having to click on their profile? Not major, it was just handy being able to read and comment on the latest statuses without navigating away from the one page.

• Like 1

I've just found a problem when trying to reply with a quote. 

I will be trying to type and the cursor is moving across but no letters are coming up. I'm on an iPhone and I haven't had any problems elsewhere. 

I  have had to try  over and over to get in, twice now Ive had to change my password to get onto the site. Then if i sign out it means resetting again and it wont keep the password Ive just applied.

• Like 1

By any chance to you have your browser set to "Remember My Password" OR do you have Banding Together marked on your Favourites or Bookmarks Bar (Google Chrome) ?

If this is the case, remove it from there. Open up Banding Together in a new window. Log in as you normally would with most recent password and then remark it on your Favourites or Bookmark Bar. Redoing password will no longer occur.

Mine isn't so much an issue, rather a question. Is there a way to open up the comments on people's statuses without having to click on their profile? Not major, it was just handy being able to read and comment on the latest statuses without navigating away from the one page.

The top right corner is a More button. When clicked you can see an option for Status Updates. At present if you click on that (left click) yes it will navigate to the page from where you are. But if you right click and select open in new tab/window it won't close what you have open. Unless Dave sets it to open to a new window with one L click, it will always take you away from existing page with the new format.

I've just found a problem when trying to reply with a quote. 

I will be trying to type and the cursor is moving across but no letters are coming up. I'm on an iPhone and I haven't had any problems elsewhere. 

iPhones default with a Safari browser and sometimes it is contrary with certain forums. Maybe try using Google Chrome on your iPhone to see if that makes a difference? On the pc at home I couldn't use Quote replies in IE, I had to open Google Chrome to quote in a reply. Some browsers are just contrary.

• Like 1

ok did all that, opened up chrome, no change, everytime I log in it will not accept the latest password i set up. I have to change it every time. still i just wont bother logging in unless i am writing anything in here. disappointing really

Hey Julie I was having the same problem until someone said log in using your current username, not email address (or original user name like we had to on the old site) and it seems to be working. Have only had to reset my password once since then... 

• Like 1

I love the new "@" function whereby we can tag people in our posts.

• Like 2

I see what you are saying now @ladyfortythree AKA Julie re: the logins. I have mine auto saved into Google Chrome so I just open the window and click on it. When the website changed formats, it wrote AngelButterfly as one word, but it is two words. I just put a space in and I went straight in. So now I see what you were saying re: copying and pasting the name in.

Yes @tishtish I'm liking that option too lol

Now if only the toggle arrows would reappear on the right side to minimize the smaller options so I can "close the clutter", my neatness OCD for all things electronic can be clean and tidy lol

Hmmm I can't seem to find my "Friends List" and when I went to Add someone to it, I can not find that feature anymore?

Has it been replaced with "Follow" ?

I noticed that as well. Following people sounds a bit creepy and stalkerish though ... lol

Hmm depends on who the followee is! haha 

*cough* ok but yes, I hear ya, yes it does. I didn't like it when Facebook did it either. I prefer stealth stalking ty :ph34r:

• Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, will work on all of these over next couple of days. 

Dave

In the old format I was able to set the threads so that they displayed with the most recent replies/comments first. Is there a way I can change my settings to have them display like this in the new format ? At the moment I'm clicking on the >> to get to the last page and then having to scroll to the most recent comments. It'd just be easier if when I opened each thread the most recent comment was right there at the top of the first page.

• Like 1

Tish, I click on the circle next to the post rather than the post title, and that takes me right to the newest posts....

I go from the Activity Stream and there's no little circle thing for me that takes me to the most recent post. I'll have another look around. I must be doing something wrong.

I just found the little circle thing (Thanks Skeeter!!! That will save me a heap of scrolling) It's in the New Content page :-)

I like it! Advanced apologies if you get random posts being reported? I keep accidentally pressing the report flag as I scroll... I've cancelled them thus far. 

• Like 1