Went for my weigh in today and this week I've managed to gain weight! I think it was around half a kg or it may have been around 700 grams. 

I did did go out for dinner (Indian food) and yesterday I had family over for lunch and made homemade chilli con carne. 

I've been doing a Jenny Craig for 5 weeks now and I'm having trouble sticking to it sometimes. Or something comes up like meals with the family. 

I'm feeling a bit down and like I'm never going to lose this weight. I'm now 100% decided on being banded - no the weight won't just fall off with no effort from me but I think having that restriction to eat smaller portions would really helpful. 

• Like 2

It can be very disheartening to gain weight - especially when others know about it. It is all a part of the game though. Even when you are banded, there will be times when you put on weight. Shit happens. All you can do is keep going :)

Best of luck :)

• Like 2

I keep telling myself fluctuation of + or - 2kgs is normal but when you're trying hard to lose a large amount of weight it's so upsetting. I think being at goal weight and gaining the half kg - 700 grams I wouldn't be as upset. 

Ive be also got to see SIL this weekend (the one I posted about who won't stop bringing up her weight loss/clothing size/weight EVERY time I see her). I can just see myself post weight loss and post plastic surgery walking in there "omg it feels so good not having to wear a bra if I don't want to" lol

It's a new week this week. I need to forget about last week and put it down to a slight setback. 

• Like 2

I went up 1.4kg literally overnight this week.  Sucks when it happens but I know it'll come back down in a few days - maybe you just weighed on a day when you had a bit of an increase, but you could be back down again already.

• Like 2

If it's around that time of the month expect all sorts of fluctuation it drives me nuts for about a week.  I also found Jenny Craig has no margin of error, you have one meal off and it throws it all out, I also gained back any weight I ever lost on JC and then some every time.  So yep stick with your plan to be banded and watch your sugar intake (even the fake sugars!)

• Like 2

If it's around that time of the month expect all sorts of fluctuation it drives me nuts for about a week.  I also found Jenny Craig has no margin of error, you have one meal off and it throws it all out, I also gained back any weight I ever lost on JC and then some every time.  So yep stick with your plan to be banded and watch your sugar intake (even the fake sugars!)

I'm finding the same thing, 1 meal and I gain. I was really sick yesterday with gastro that my daughter passed on but so far today I'm feeling better. I haven't looked at the calendar properly as my body has been weird last 2 cycles but when I weighed I was mid cycle. 

Edited by Boganlicious
Posted blank reply

My weight can fluctuate wildly from day to day depending on a few different factors ... things like where I am in my cycle, how much sodium I've had, constipation, if I've done a bigger than usual workout and increased my weights, (this makes your muscles temporarily retain more fluid) or had what I call a "carb party" (a day where I go nuts on carbs) can make me retain fluid to the tune of up to about 2kg, overnight ! One small bowl of icecream will see my weight go up at least a kilo the next day ... carbs make me retain fluid. When I see these kinds of swings I never worry because I know it's just fluid and when I go back to my usual low carb/high protein eating it'll come back down. What I worry about is the little increases of a 100g here and a 100g there if they're happening regularly ... that's the fat increases.

To gain or lose half a kilo over a week (fat weight, not fluid weight) you need to increase/decrease your caloric intake by 500 calories per day, every day, so when you see the scales go up by half a kilo, 1 kilo, or even more, overnight, you have to know that it's not possible for it to be "fat" weight. It has to be fluid weight. Think about it ... if the scales have gone up by 1kg overnight ... did you do something to make you retain fluid (high sodium, lots of carbs, ovulation, really tough workout), or did you eat an extra 7000 calories, in one day ? lol

• Like 2

I don't think I ate quite that many calories in 2 meals lol

I will see what happens on Monday. I've been really good so if I gain weight again then I really don't know why (except now I'm close to my next period I think) so that may throw everything out. 

• Like 1

I have an app on my phone to track my periods because my cycle isn't that predictable, it's called p tracker and it just installs a little pink flower icon on your phone you can put a pin number in to stop anyone accidentally opening it.  I like it because I can also make notes like at different stages of my cycle to keep track, I've had some issues lately and my Dr was pretty impressed I had a few months of notes to go back on and helped work out what might be going on.  I've also started to record my weight when it suddenly goes up just before my period and discovered it takes about 3 - 4 days to go back to normal.

Edited by t_elle
typo!
  • Like 1

My weight can fluctuate wildly from day to day depending on a few different factors ... things like where I am in my cycle, how much sodium I've had, constipation, if I've done a bigger than usual workout and increased my weights, (this makes your muscles temporarily retain more fluid) or had what I call a "carb party" (a day where I go nuts on carbs) can make me retain fluid to the tune of up to about 2kg, overnight ! One small bowl of icecream will see my weight go up at least a kilo the next day ... carbs make me retain fluid. When I see these kinds of swings I never worry because I know it's just fluid and when I go back to my usual low carb/high protein eating it'll come back down. What I worry about is the little increases of a 100g here and a 100g there if they're happening regularly ... that's the fat increases.

To gain or lose half a kilo over a week (fat weight, not fluid weight) you need to increase/decrease your caloric intake by 500 calories per day, every day, so when you see the scales go up by half a kilo, 1 kilo, or even more, overnight, you have to know that it's not possible for it to be "fat" weight. It has to be fluid weight. Think about it ... if the scales have gone up by 1kg overnight ... did you do something to make you retain fluid (high sodium, lots of carbs, ovulation, really tough workout), or did you eat an extra 7000 calories, in one day ? lol

Loving your new profile pic TishTish!

• Like 1

Well I had to miss my weigh in today. My daughter threw up during the night and I'm sick too with an upset stomach and nausea. 

Right now I just don't care what the scales say as I feel that bad and have been cleaning vomit out of bedding. 

Im supposed to go in tomorrow but somehow I can't see that happening.