Sign in to follow this  
thesweetestsin8

Getting back on the bandwagon

so the last time I was here i wrote a similar post in which I discussed feeling like I've failed after I was banded 3 years ago and being nearly back at my pre op weight.

over the past 6 months I've managed to change quite a bit in my exercise habits and can feel myself toning up quite well and clothes getting a bit looser. I can still see a problem here though with my food intake. Finding it too easy to resort to take out on my lunch break (we have no fridge or microwave) and the past few weeks have skipped out on the gym due to moving in with my in laws and still trying to get into routine.

im welcoming myself back to the forum to try get myself some guidance and keep focused on my long term goal.. I refuse to start planning my wedding until I'm comfortable enough in my body to go looking for wedding dresses. 

Any advice on the food issue would be extremely helpful!

• Like 3

I think there's no excuse not to take a healthy lunch to work these days, there are many forms of insulated lunch bags/boxes available.

There are also many types of food that don't need refrigeration....take a can of tuna a tomato and some crackers, do you have a kettle...cup of soup.

you have done so well to get back on the bandwagon, keep up the good work.

• Like 2

It is amazing how changes to our environment means changes to our eating habits. I am in a similar situation.

From a food perspective I know when I was in the weight loss zone I used to replace lunch with a Optifast bar/shake, now I need to start following my own advice! :P

• Like 1

I was going to mention shakes too. There are a variety of shakes now. For what it's worth, I was limited to the Optifast "Original recipe" only in Vanilla and Chocolate flavours due to there being no inulin in it. According to my dietitian this often causes diarrhea, bloating and stomach discomfort, so to avoid this, the other flavours aren't recommended. I did well on the original recipes, and enjoyed one of the choc bars as well.