Nisey14

Not happy :(

Hi Everyone

Well,  18 months after my band - which I was so excited about - I now really do not like it at all - I am so over the constant worry of going out in public, going to dinner or lunch with friends or work colleagues or staying with friends, when I know I am going to have the stuck scenario, where I have to dash off suddenly to throw up - not knowing how long I will be absent and coming back to the table feeling like an idiot and then having to take off again, and wasting food and money - it spoils my enjoyment and my families - they constantly worry and ask if I am OK, and worse than making the dash to the bathroom is not quite making it there,:blink: I horde serviettes and kitchen towel in my handbag!  I am so over it and the small amount of weight loss (I have actually put a lot back on due to eating sweet sliding food) is really not worth it.   I am going to the gym regularly but also find that trying to drink as much water as I should also gives me shoulder pain, which I have had ever since the band was done.  I now resent the band so much and have been gradually having the fill removed, but tomorrow I see my surgeon again and am going to ask for it all to be removed as I fly overseas on holiday next week and do not want this thing spoiling it for me, I know this post is not positive, and wondered if other people have experienced this dislike for their band like I have for it, I thought we would be friends, but I don't think we are compatible :unsure:

I have a love hate relationship with my band all the time lol.

first things though is that I think you may have too much fill. In the 18 months that it's been like this have you told your surgeon about what you are going through as the constant stuck moments shouldn't be happening. Maybe you should get some fill taken out, go on holiday and come back starting fresh. You will get over the fear of stuck moments and enjoy going out to eat but you may have to find either the cause of your stuck moments whether it be mental or physical 

• Like 3

Get all the fill out and give yourself a rest. I'm on my second complete unfill (they leave enough in to keep it inflated a little). Then go back and start again...
I'm starting again Monday, last time they put it back to 3 mls in a 5 ml band, I'll ask for the same. Then I'm going to make sure I eat those first bites of food slowly, not wait to eat until I feel sick, not drink with my meals, and no more wasteful foods! (Those yummy things that have fuck all nutritional value). I want to shed my last 20 kgs and get on with life. I think it's more my fault than the band's fault.

A few suggestions though - next time you're at the doctor's, steal a few emesis bags and keep them in your glovebox and one in your handbag. It's much nicer than a public toilet! Also when dining out with friends, could you opt for the soup if you're not feeling confident?I completely understand though, my band historically is tight in the mornings and I can't eat until 10 or 11, despite learning to drink hot tea first etc. Then I gobble the first it and don't realise I'm stuck initially because I eat too fast. I literally can't feel food passing through the band like some people can.

ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY!! And don't beat yourself up if you gain weight while un-filled.

Oh, and make sure you make an appointment to start getting fills again when you get back. Don't do what I did and pile the weight back on by eating exactly like I did pre-band!!

I was in the exact same position as you nisey14 so totally understand what your going through. I ended up having the band removed and the sleeve instead. My weight loss has been just as hard and slow as the band but i no longer get anxiety about eating out with friends and feel like a normal person again

• Like 2