Sign in to follow this  
Specialized29er

Exercise challenges

Next Sunday I've entered the 80klms course of the Mackay Mountain Marathon :unsure: (Mountain Biking) and twice before l've done the 38klm course but my fitness level has increased that much that I need a greater challenge, oh and my new 2015 specialized 29er Crave Comp has given me a boost to go harder to.

The following weekend I'm doing the 235klm Gold Coast Peak Challenge which has a 12 hour cut off time but I'm thinking I won't even come close to that.

Who else out there loves all things exercise since becoming a Bandit.

• Like 4

Wow! You have achieved remarkable outcomes! You are 1/2 the man you were, and who knows how much more fitter, healthier, happier, fulfilled.

Congratulations on all your hard work!!

All the best for your up-coming marathons - you must get someone to take some photos of you!

:)

• Like 1

And it's your birthday today too!

Woo-hoo! Hoping that it is a happy one!

• Like 1

I love exercise and can never sit around. I play roller derby and we train 3 nights a week and it's intense. We also have a PT session once a week and we are always entering physical challenges together as a team. Between that I have a home gym, a horse, 2 dogs plus a business that I physically have to work in everyday. I couldn't have coped with the level of activity I do now without losing my weight. Just added hiking a local track once a week also to up intensity. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm 40 as I feel like I'm in my 20's all the time lol

• Like 4

Good on you and best of luck. I'm pre band. I'm now undecided whether I'm going to be banded as a medical reason was discovered for my weight gain. I'm losing (very slowly though) but being banded may still be a possibility. Either way I'm trying my best to be more active and since starting thyroid medication I have more energy than before (but still get tired early evenings). I have a recumbent bike that also converts to a rower. My fiancée has a home gym and I was told I should start lifting as well as cardio. I also try to walk when the weather's nice (today was miserable). 

• Like 3

I'm not at your level but I love hiking and walking in general. I just recently did one of those 30 day challenges - the squat one. Day 30 was...interesting! My bum muscles hurt for 3 days afterwards! I'll sign up for another one in August, because at the moment I'm being slack and now walking so much because July has been freezing here!

• Like 4

Wow! You have achieved remarkable outcomes! You are 1/2 the man you were, and who knows how much more fitter, healthier, happier, fulfilled.

Congratulations on all your hard work!!

All the best for your up-coming marathons - you must get someone to take some photos of you!

Wow, thanks guys, who doesn't love encouragement and oh yes 1/2 the man all right and isn't it crazy sometimes I think to myself I haven't lost much weight but I forget or just don't want to remember how obese I just was.

Here's a pic taken at last years River 2 Reef Charity ride in Mackay, this year I have a GoPro 3 so lots of actions shots at this years events.

Owen - River 2 Reef 2014......JPG

Edited by Specialized29er
Let the fun times roll
  • Like 4

This year we completed the 38 klm section of the Mackay Mountain Marathon in 4 hours and 25 minutes.

Only did the 38klm because the last 28 of the 80k course was that wet it bordered on dangerous so we gave that a miss, still had a great time though.

I'll be back next year but will use my a Specialized Crave 29er which is lower geared 11/34 and half the weight of my current 2012 Specialized Hardrock 29er Sports Disc. 

I never got to the Peaks Ride, my mum is recovering from hip replacement surgery so I stayed and did things to help her out.

Edited by Specialized29er
Let the good times roll

This year we completed the 38 klm section of the Mackay Mountain Marathon in 4 hours and 25 minutes.

I'll be back next year but with a Specialized Crave 29er which is lower geared 11/34 and half the weight of my current 2012 Specialized Hardrock 29er Sports Disc. 

The first half I understood, and was very impressed by!  Well done!

Umm, the second half I am guessing that you are talking about your bike???

Anyway!  All the best!

Friday 21/08/15 - This Saturday I'm taking a 104klm road trip to go see a car, bike and 4wd show.

I'm hoping for 4 hours over and 4 hours back and then a little snooze before taking the dogs for their walkies :D