Juggalette_Naomi

Hello everyone

Hello im  Naomi.

Im 29 going on 30 in December, and im thinking of getting the gastric band.

I  have struggled with my weight  for years and i have tried everything all the diets, cutting out this food and that food, have even done the primal diet and exercised every day on top of working 40hr weeks on my feet. But i could only loose around 10kg and then it would stop and so would my motivation. I have been to the doc and had all the test and there is no reason why i can't loose the weight. Im currently 130kg but im 5'9 so don't look like im that big, i carry most of my weight  in my hips/thighs and bottom.

I have become a mother to a beautiful  little girl and i don't  want her to see me this way and need to change my life for the better for her. I don't  have much support around me and thought  i would try an online support group. I did the same thing when i was pregnant  and it help me to have the natural  birth i wanted. 

My husband  is with me on what ever choice i make he just wants me to be happy, i don't  have many friends. 

I work in retail  and have done for 11 years, i enjoy it and know i could do so much better if i could just shift this weight. Deep down inside is a marathon runner just waiting to be let free!!! 

Thank you for your time. 

• Like 1

Hi Naomi, I am just starting my lap band journey and can relate I have two young girls I want to be a role model for but at the moment I am struggling, sick and tired of being sick and tired! I have also just completed a heap of tests and all is good. I have my first appointment on tuesday, can't wait now, just want to get on with it. How old is your daughter? Mine are 1 and 3. Have you made an appointment or still thinking about it?

• Like 1

Me too! Im sick and tired of being sick and tired! 

My daughter  is 2 in November, i feel so bad I can't keep up with her and play and run around as much as she wants me too. I haven't  made any appointment  yet as im going to go private and need the money for the gap first before i get my hopes up. Waiting till monday so i can find out if i can cash out some of my long service leave. Once i find out i will make my app with the gp. 

Hi Ladies,

I can relate to your stories, however I am much older at 56. I have struggled with my weight all my life and I am also 5'9. I could always lose weight but like you it would only ever be around the 10kg mark. Once I ended a diet I would put all the weight back on and then some. 

So I got banded last January and since that time have lost 19kg.  About 10 more to go and I will be at my goal for the first time in my adult life. The past months have not all been easy but it gets easier the longer you have the band. I have never looked back and only wish I had the opportunity to do this when I was younger. But, better late than never.

Good luck and enjoy the ride, Gayle 

• Like 2

Hi and welcome

I love this site and its been so helpful to me over the past couple of months.

I am currently one week into my pre op stage. I have my surgery done on the 21st of  August and I  must say I am getting a bit nervous and excited at the same time.

I am 42 and  currently 105.6 kg and only 151 cm tall so I am basically a little ball lol. I am so looking forward to being able to be more active with my kids and not feel like a lethargic old person like I do at the moment.

Good luck with your amazing life changing journey

Hello Bandgirl, thanks for your reply.

I always feel like a big giant ball that everyone is looking at.

Hope your recovery is quick, i would be very nervous too, not about the op as i have had lots of ops already for other things, but for every thing thats going to happen after. Its also very exciting as soon you will be on your way to a new you! 

• Like 2

Gayle, yep I am great at losing 10kg then putting it back on, good to hear from someone similar who has been banded, I worry that the band will be the same!

Bandgirl, exciting times! You made me laugh calling yourself a ball, I call myself a toffee apple, I have skinny legs and then I'm all Apple, 100kg and 167cm tall

Naomi, good luck for Monday, I'll have my fingers crossed for you :). I am applying to use my super as I don't want to wait for my phi as we would like to have another baby at some point and I have high blood pressure and had gestational diabetes with my first so want to be healthy and not tired ha ha! 

• Like 2

Me too! Im sick and tired of being sick and tired! 

My daughter  is 2 in November, i feel so bad I can't keep up with her and play and run around as much as she wants me too. I haven't  made any appointment  yet as im going to go private and need the money for the gap first before i get my hopes up. Waiting till monday so i can find out if i can cash out some of my long service leave. Once i find out i will make my app with the gp. 

"Im sick and tired of being sick and tired!" ..... gee that was my catch phrase for so long. It didn't matter how much good food I ate or what exercise I did or how much sleep I got, I was always so tired and just felt so sick (mentally and physically) all the time. I too got so sick to hell of being sick and tired of being sick and tired. I've just returned from a trip through the UK and Europe, something I NEVER thought I could do. You have my support :)

• Like 1

Im hopeing  it will change when i start to loose  the weight, i know alot of my health problems  come from me being over weight. The tiredness is the worst  part i just don't  have the energy  to do things i want to and play with my daughter  like she wants me too. She is my main reasons to change for good!!! 

• Like 1

I'm with you there. I don't want to miss out on being involved with my kids as they grow up. 

• Like 1