willowtree33

post op (sleeve) with toddler

Hi,

I am wondering how those mums out there managed post surgery with lifting a toddler into a cot, change table, car seat  and carrying in general. My bub is about 12kgs , I will have my hubby to help out the first 2 weeks post surgery but he works away and then I will be on my own. Thanks.

I think you should be. After two weeks. I lifted my kids. Only do it when you have to though!!

• Like 1

You should be right after 2 weeks Luv:) My LO was 9 months when I got the Sleeve done. Fair enough she didn't weigh as much as your LO, but she's a long baby and no lightweight!!:D Anyhoo..I could lift her etc after 2 weeks but just be as careful as you can and maybe use some props like a chair next to the change table/cot to put your LO on first then lift into cot or onto change table if that makes sense instead of trying to do it all in one go:)

Best of luck for your surgery too:)

• Like 1

Pop your change mat down on the floor if you have trouble lifting - saved me with a bad back when my daughter was little.  

At two weeks though you should be okay, but only lift when you have to.  Good luck!

• Like 2

My little one is 2 and I came home from hospital yesterday. My partner is due to go back to work on Monday but I'm thinking I might need him home for a little bit longer. :(

Am struggling to drink enough at the moment as I feel full really quickly! - am definitely looking forward to feeling better and being able to cuddle my little man and pick him up, change his nappy etc!! 

• Like 1

Very interested to know how you go smile1980. I've got a 3 year old and 10 month old so trying to figure out what I'll manage with them

Hi Kittn,

Its been going really really well!! I have been able to help out a lot more with my little man since Saturday and have been able to lift him onto change table etc - I turned a corner pain wise Saturday and each and every day it just gets better and better! Good luck!!!! :) 

• Like 2

Thats good to hear  Smile1980, i have an almost 2 year old and was wondering how i would go and how long i should ask my mum to stay with me, as my hubby can't  take time off. 

My wonderful Mum will be staying with us for a week or 2, see how it goes. Our son is 4 but non mobile,  so relies on us for all movement requirements.