Jo

september and october 2015 bandits

Amazing work Tammy!!! You can really see the difference in your face and cheeks. Well done on the 18.5kgs so far! 

Taamy, you look soo good!! Beautiful in both pics but wow! Can see the difference in your face!!

You look great Meg! Keep up the good work. If you are in the right frame of mind it is half the  battle. How long did it take you to loose 23 kgs?

You look great Meg! Keep up the good work. If you are in the right frame of mind it is half the  battle. How long did it take you to loose 23 kgs?

yep it's all about the mind! I think roughly 3 months or less to lose 23kgs. I really want to get to 110kgs by Christmas Day. Im going to the gym everyday and watching what I put in my mouth especially sugar, it's a killer. I've cut sugar out from my coffee these last two weeks so hopefully it's made a difference which I think it has.

Wow,

You ladies look amazing and what inspiration for the rest of us. Keep up the good work. Cheers

yep it's all about the mind! I think roughly 3 months or less to lose 23kgs. I really want to get to 110kgs by Christmas Day. Im going to the gym everyday and watching what I put in my mouth especially sugar, it's a killer. I've cut sugar out from my coffee these last two weeks so hopefully it's made a difference which I think it has.

What sort of exercises are doing at the gym and who long did you wait before you started your fitness regime?

What sort of exercises are doing at the gym and who long did you wait before you started your fitness regime?

I do 30 minutes of cardio (walking/running intervals) and then about 45 mins of weights. My job requires me to lift a lot so I focus on quads, shoulders and biceps because that's what I use the most. I'll concentrate on core when I'm about 100kgs because at the moment I'm not completely confident with it. I waited 6 weeks until after surgery before I lifted anything heavy. 

I do 30 minutes of cardio (walking/running intervals) and then about 45 mins of weights. My job requires me to lift a lot so I focus on quads, shoulders and biceps because that's what I use the most. I'll concentrate on core when I'm about 100kgs because at the moment I'm not completely confident with it. I waited 6 weeks until after surgery before I lifted anything heavy. 

WELL DONE!!!!!!! I have been doing zumba for cardio and power barre for strength (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG2h8G8p5Wc&list=RDXzgc-h5ObhA&index=3 here is a link to show you a typical workout). The barre class is an over all body workout. I have been doing this for from the day booked in for my procedure which was in March this year. I am not stressing that I haven't lost weight (although I have toned up in certain places) I just want to be as fit as I can be before I go in. 

Once again you look amazing and what an inspiration.  Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

• Like 1

Hi guys, checking in! As of today I am now at 88.6 kgs, really happy with my progress to date. I had another full on Tuesday, of .1, amazing how a tiny, tiny fill can go so far!! My biggest goal in 2016 is to exercise, just need a kick up my behind to get started!! Meg your are my inspiration on this front!! How is everyone going??

• Like 1

Well done Jo! Kicking goals girl!

I'm getting another fill on Saturday. I've been getting them every two weeks because I've been losing quite quickly so they need to tighten it. I've been pretty good. Lost nearly 2kgs this week. Exercise has been hard because it's so freakin hot!!! But the gym is air conditioned which is nice. Im nearly at my 110kgs goal, just gotta keep pushing!

Merry Christmas everybody! I didn't get to my 110kgs goal but I'm close. I have seen eating pretty naughty the last few days and may had some calorie containing liquids ;) but I'll be back up and running when today is over. Hope everybody has an amazing day and surprise some family members with your weightloss, I know I will haha. 

• Like 1

I hope you have all had an amazing and wonderful Xmas! I gave myself a massive present by loosing 26kg as of Christmas Day.  I feel amazing and happy! How did everyone go with food at Christmas? I couldn't eat at all on Christmas Day for some strange reason. No matter what I ate, how small I chewed it, it would get stuck. When I get stuck, it puts me off food completely. I still had a a amazing time though and I am hoping to loose 35-40kg in 6 months. I don't know if I can do it, but I will do everything in power to get close to it. 

Merry christmas banders! 

• Like 2

Have been mia, been away with crappy internet access. Good to see you both did well over Christmas. I found I was snacking on the wrong foods but still managed to lose. As of today I am officially overweight rather than obese, my ultimate goal is to be a healthy bmi rather than focusing on a number. How about you, do you have a goal weight or a goal you want to achieve??

Well done Jo, you are amazing! 

I managed to lose about 4kgs over Christmas break, sweating my bum off in the garden but I put on a kilo this week because I have my period :angry: I can't wait for another fill, which I'll be getting in a few hours. Ive been really hungry but trying to be good on opti for lunch and relatively healthy dinner (can't stomach salad for some reason). Hair loss is a big concern for me at the moment because I'm losing quite a bit. I have heaps of protien but it doesn't seem to be helping. I'll ask the doctor about it today. I just keep thinking, I'm now half way and if I've come this far then I can lose the other 30kgs!!! Come on 2016!! 

Amazing meg, you are doing so well, feels like yesterday you were having surgery and you are already half way!! That's a shame about the hair loss, let us know what the doc said, have you had bloods done? 

I haven't had a fill since before Christmas as I have felt quite restricted, I am missing meat, would love a steak!!

I go for my fill on Friday. I last got filled on the 18/12 and was pretty good over the holiday period. I have almost lost 30kgs! I am 1kg away!! Hooray which is my halfway point to my goal weight! Although I have to admit, there are days where I wish I could have a burger or a steak or even some soft drink butttt that's what put me here in the first place. I am finally eating bread since my surgery and I am finally getting the hang of eating the correct way. Which is such a relief. 

I am loving feeling like this and I cannot wait to loose some more and hopefully be at my goal weight for July-going on holidays and would love to show my bod off in possibly a bikini! What an achievement that would be. 

Hope you're all well and staying motivated! You all motivate me by reading how well you are all doing. 

Taamy, what a huge amount of weight gone, well done! Can't wait to see your progress leading up to your holiday, you will rock that bikini!!

No bloody tests Jo, she said it's completely normal. I don't mind it, it's just annoying in the shower and having to pick up hair out of the drain  every day! 

I miss being able to just eat a burger and pizza so bad, I want some but I know I physically can't and it will just make me so sick. I even think that if I had the band deflated and then ate bread, I would be so sick. I just smell it, that's enough for me, and just eat my tuna and avo hahaha.

No bloody tests Jo, she said it's completely normal. I don't mind it, it's just annoying in the shower and having to pick up hair out of the drain  every day! 

I miss being able to just eat a burger and pizza so bad, I want some but I know I physically can't and it will just make me so sick. I even think that if I had the band deflated and then ate bread, I would be so sick. I just smell it, that's enough for me, and just eat my tuna and avo hahaha.

Hi meg, I have been meaning to check in with you, have been thinking of you though, every time I eat avocado and tuna!!!!!!

I am on holidays again so haven't weighed myself for a while and have found it more difficult to stay on track, lots of eating out and staying at a resort so food has been interesting to choose, have been sharing meals with my girls.

How are you going? How has your startti the year been?

Haha! I'm eating tuna and avo as we speak!!! Still my favourite!! 

Holidays are a bugger, aren't they? You want to relax but you still need to think about what you're eating!

Im doing ok, my weightloss has slowed. I'm down to 107kgs - 32kgs lost since my first consult. 5kgs lost this month. I have been SO LAZY with gym because it's been hot at work and I'm buggered when I get home. 

• Like 1

Wow, still amazing, 5kgs in a month, it would have taken me three months to lose that weight pre band. 

I am going to see my full doctor when I get home so I can check in, don't think I need a fill, just a kick up the bum to get on track again.

Do you get hungry meg? My hunger is pretty good, it's chocolate that is my weakness!!

I find in the afternoon I'm hungry, when I get home from work I'm starving. I'll have a piece of celery or light crackers until about 2 hours later I'll have dinner. Sometimes I've over indulge and have wayyyyy more when I get home from work and then be too full for dinner!

Hey ladies!!! I just needed to share that I am halfway to my weightless goal, I have lost 35kgs!!!! 

My family doesn't known I have lap and and my immediate does but their comments are "well you have to keep going." I do not find that encouraging at all. So thought I'd share it all with you and hopefully have some more encouraging responses. I have not been this weight for about 4 years, so I am stoked. 

How are you all going? 

• Like 2