Jo

september and october 2015 bandits

I thought I would start a thread for a general disxusion for those of us being banded in and around october and September....

• Like 2

Hi Jo, great idea! I had my lapband put in on the 21/9. So far everything is going well and I'm feeling better than I expected! What date are you getting yours?

Hi Bette, I'm booked in for the 8th of october, can't wait to get it done now! How has you first week been, are you tired? How is the liquid diet going? My main concern is having two small children 1 and 3, and not being able to lift them, trying to train my one year old to be a little more independent before I go in!

Good idea Jo! It would be good to see how we are all tracking. Not long now for me, 4 sleeps!

• Like 2

Oh my gosh, 4 sleeps is nothing, will be thinking of you!! I did all my paper work today, sent it off, I'm really excited, but. It so excited about opti, I'm going to start it Monday

Hi Jo, liquid diet going well. Better than I expected, I'm just not hungry?! So weird. Have felt better than expected too although I didn't rest today and did a 4 and a half hour shift at work tonight and my stomach and back were killing me. Think I overdid it.  I also have two children under 4 & my Partner had the week off to help out. Couldn't have done it otherwise as there is no way I can lift them even now. He's back to work Monday and I'm a bit concerned. All up though I am so so glad to have made the decision to do this and can't wait to drop some weight. Monday I will officially weigh myself but I had a sneaky weigh and I think I've lost 1.5 already. So exciting!! Good luck to you, any other questions please ask! 

What a great start Bette! Hats off to you for working, I'm still on maternity leave so can dodge working. My husband will be home for most of the first week and mum will pop in too, it is mainly the cot that will be a challenge. How much longer are you on liquids? Sounds like you have recovered well!

It seems Im very lucky that I haven't had children yet while I go through this. I'm too selfish at the moment (only 25) to care for another human. I know that sounds horrible, but I guess it's just my personality. I don't know how you amazing women do it with children, even when my fiancés nieces and nephews visit, I've had enough with 30minutes. 

Not horrible at all meg, children are such a huge change to your life, and sometimes I have had enough of my.own kids by 7 30 in the morning ;)!! How are you feeling, nervous, excited?? I am at the avenue, seems to be no pre op appointments, just turn up on the day! 

Yep, I'm at the avenue! Have to get there at 6:30am but I don't know what time my surgery is booked for. I'm excited but also keep running through different things in my head. Only 3 sleeps! 

Have you filled in your online pre admin form yet?

2 more sleeps meg!! I have to be there at 11 30 so would say I will be operated on the the arvo. I have done all my pre admin paper work and will start optifast tomorrow!

• Like 1

Not long now guys! I'm getting nervous! I'll share a picture of my belly when I get home. I'm going to take as many before pictures as I can! People always say they regret not taking photos.

Good luck Meg! You will be fine today. Bring on the rest of your life!! I'm sitting here one week post op and feel completely normal! My stomach aches if I'm on my feet too much, but honestly it's surprised me the recovery has been great. My weight loss from last Monday until today is 2.2kgs so I'm thrilled with that (brings me under the 100kg mark to 99). Getting closer Jo!

• Like 1

Great to hear you are doing so well Bette. My current weight is similar to you. What a great first week loss for you!

Meg, I hope you have a restful night tonight and have minimal nerves tomorrow. I am sure it will all go smoothly, take care 

Not so much a restful night, every time I drifted off I would wake myself up with horrible nerves, felt like I was going to throw up! Can't wait to get it over with!

• Like 1

Good to hear from you meg, rest up!!

Count me in.

Got my date today.

October 26th.Couldn't wait to share my excitement with you all.

• Like 2

Soul sister!!! Great news, count down is in for you!!!

Yay soul sister! 

Just an update guys, no shoulder tip pain at all! Just a stitch like feeling in my lower belly, nothing endone can't fix. Sleeping in the recliner tonight to help with breathing and incase I need to get up in the middle of the night. Overall experience at the Avenue was amazing. Nurses were lovely and staff were very professional. Tonight I've just had water, munching on ice and hot water with chicken stock. Feeling good, just a bit sore. P.s surgery note - I went in with my own undies on, came out in the nudie. Lol. I'm impressed they got them off. 

Thats fantastic meg!!! Wooohoo glad it went well. Guess who got the approval from dhs this morning! !! Meeeee!!! Letter to super being sent express this morning hopefully it.doesnt take long and i can set my surgery date!! Feel so happy 

• Like 1

Great news Pugga, everything is falling into place. Meg , glad to hear all went well. You gave me a goood laugh with your undies adventure!

• Like 1

Omg yes Pugga!!!! Not long now!! How exciting!!

yes Jo, my mum thought it was quite funny too haha! I'm a bit sore this morning. I'm going to take some endone and relax. I'm going to have some yogurt today (mmm) looking forward to it. Drinking water easily.

image.thumb.jpg.1d6f93ccfe13b444a3e1b9d5Here is my incision points, not unbearable. Just a little sore.