Sign in to follow this  
LJ

work and fillers

HI,

I just worked out that each time I will have to see my surgeon for a filler I would have to take time off. Day off for the dietician, Day off for the exercise. I have taken so many days already off work and just would like to ask if anyone who works full-time , mon to fri  is it hard for you guys as i have a feeling it might be for me.  I have read on here that some have had fillers multiple times and had to return to either add or take out some filler.  How did anyone handle so many days to take time off. My job is 45 mins away with no traffic it almost doubles the time if there is traffic. So i can't just go for the appointment and go to work the same day.

• Like 1

Oh LJ every time I see you post I just wish you would of done more research, like your other post suggests, 

You may be lucky and get the sweet spot green zone in one or two goes 

My experience was every few weeks. Sometimes one mil sometimes half 

A lot of us do work full time .I worked full time but in retail, so I'd work weekends and nights and be able to go on a Thu or Fri morning or on a day off. 

The band is a tool that needs a lot of work, and I know that you can do it but your just a little behind the ball. Your clinic or surgeon should of explained this all to you, I have a few books .. I can't remember of the top of my head what they are called bit have some great information. 

I really feel for you. It's like you have taken this journey with a blindfold on but you could see a little bit if you looked down. 

Hopefully we can take the blindfold off and help you succeed 

• Like 1

I book everything well, well in advance. I have booked appointments 3 months in advance, each fortnight with both the fill Doctor and the dietician. If I don't need them the week before I call and cancel each one, they are usually in my lunch break and I make up time before or after work or a 4.45pm appt. 

My clinic has been fine with this, I'm very lucky! 

You may not need many times get to a good spot, and if you have a flexible work arrangement it's possible to get around these. They are necessary though

I can't exactly remember how much fill I have, maybe around the 7 or 8mls over 2 years and I think I had around 10 fills to get there and everyone was a 600klm round trip but I'd always book them well in advance for early Friday and have a 3 day or 4 day long weekend away.

I to work full time, I love my job :) and its not really work, its just somewhere I go to fill in my days and get paid.

Except for the 5 years I had the type 2 diabetes I've been able to keep my sick days owing around the 300 mark and with the fills being over a longer length of time, taking time off didn't bother me or my employer.

My employer has been 100% supportive of my whole journey and even gave me an extra paid week off to recover from the surgery.

Edited by Specialized29er

I work long hours - but I do have sickleave.  I don't like taking time off as that makes me need to work longer other days so I just try to get an appointment during lunchtime or late in the afternoon and work around it.  It does depend on your working situation/boss whether they like you to do that - mine would prefer me missing for an hr or 2 than taking a whole day off. 

Same here, I usually make my appointments as late in the day as possible, like 3 or 4pm. I work most of the day (from 7.30am) and might have to leave 30-60 mins early for the appointment. My employer is very flexible, and lets me make that time back up at lunchtime the next day, or over the next few days.

Much easier that way than taking a whole day.

Thats great that you have such a supportive employer, helps you to relax and do whats needed. Unfortunately my surgeon is at his 2 clinics on days that would be hard for me. I read a post where the local GP may be able to do it, so Ill look more into that.