kazbo

I went and got married!

My fiancé and I had a cruise planned, booked and paid for. I then suggested that we use it as our honeymoon! so we went and got married in secret, with just our sons present.

It was a truly magical day, perfect weather and everything went to plan. Boy! this eloping/secret wedding business can be hard work! but it was worthwhile. It was just what we wanted :)

Every time we started talking about wedding plans, we ended up dropping the subject because it stressed us both out, we couldn't decide what, where, when and we couldn't afford much. So we decided to avoid the whole "they got invited but we didn't" argument by not inviting anyone. And it was perfect.

My dress was a Gatsby-style costume I had made for the theme night on the ship (I ended up being violently ill with seasickness so couldn't attend the party - they thought I might have had gastro so I was quarantined in my cabin for 24 hours) but it was a perfect wedding dress for me. My bouquet was made from silk flowers so I could keep it as a momento and my make up was done by one of the artists from the Great Gatsby movie (serendipity!).

After our wedding, we had lunch, dropped the boys off home before we high tailed it to Sydney. We were booked in to the Ibis Darling Harbour but Tony called them and explained that it was our wedding night so they upgraded us...to a suite at the Novotel next door! and we were surprised with a bottle of bubbly as well! The perfect end to a perfect day...

Close up.jpg

group.jpg

trees.jpg

• Like 10

You look stunning!  That dress is amazing!  Congratulations such a wonderful story :)

• Like 1

Congratulations!!! you look gorgeous and make a beautiful couple. Wish you all the best of happiness .

• Like 1

Congratulations Kazbo!! So romantic <3 <3 I wish you both all the best for a long prosperous and happy marriage 

• Like 1

Perfect perfect perfect!!! 

Before, we existed, now, we are living.

All the very best to mr and mrs kazbo. Cheers

• Like 2

Awww, Big Congratulations Kazbo! You look really lovely.

I do love a secret wedding (had one myself LOL) :wub:

• Like 1

Congratulations!

Eloping is awesome. My wife and I eloped to New York and got married at the City Clerk's office in lower Manhattan on a -1 degree day with snow everywhere and then went to the Ritz for French champagne to celebrate. 

Once again, congratulations!

• Like 2

Many, many congratulations!!

Your photographs are great - you all look radiant   :)  So happy for you and your hubby x.

And your dress is gorgeous!  (I'm sorry that you didn't get to wear it for the cruise due to circumstances).

All the best,

:)

• Like 1

This is the first thing I've read this morning and it's really put a smile on my face. You're a beautiful bride, Kazbo.

• Like 2

What a beautiful story! Congratulations and the dress is spectacular on you! 

• Like 1

My old mate.......

What a glorious story - except for the bit about being violently ill!

Kx

Edited by toquaykate
  • Like 1

too awesome Kazbo! All the best to you both, so happy for you!

• Like 1

What a story!  Congratulations to you both.  Weddings can be so crazy (and expensive!) and yours sounds just perfect.  :)

• Like 1

Congratulations! You look so beautiful and happy in your photos.  All the best for your life together. :)

• Like 1