Rosemary

Preparing yourself for lapband surgery

I come back on here every few months. Still a size 10 current weight 58.8. I still work at it, exercise and watch what I  eat. If I over do it I always pull back the next few days. 

Have 2 weddings and 3 parties coming up and cannot wait to dress up and party!

The band has given me a new lease on life and I am loving it. 

Yesterday I ate bbq chop. Took me ages to eat it and when it was enough the band let me know I had to stop and I listened. 

Keep up the good work banders. The rewards are so worth it.

• Like 1

Next month will be 3 years since I was banded. My current weight is 57.6. I have I have had some really terrible times (thank goodness not that often) but the change in me from outside and especially the inside it is so worth it. I have not had a fill in over a year and a half and I don't feel the need to have one. My doctor gave me a goal weight and I lost an extra 5kgs. 

I have kept at it from day one and continued to do so. But hey that's life. I am one of the millions of people who will never be naturally skinny and have accepted that I never will be. So my best friend (the band) and I will always have a very close relationship.

• Like 1

Rosemary, congratulations on nearly 3 years, and you having achieved and maintained your goals!

@denzel Thank you for your encouraging comments. They really help.

Went in for a check up at the bariatric surgery.

Weight 81.4kgs,

Neck 34cm, waist 103cm, hips 120cm

Weight 58.1kgs

Neck 32cm, waist 79cm , hips 98cm.

And feeling so much healthier and happier.  

The hot weather has been tightening the band but have been having cold protien shakes. When I eat I always use my portion plates or if I am out I use a bread and butter plate.

Cannot stress enough it is only a tool to help you. You still have to do the hard work.

• Like 1

You are maintaining so well @Rosemary!  And, as you say - and do, and totally agree with and do myself -  "Cannot stress enough it is only a tool to help you. You still have to do the hard work."   :)

Back again. My weight is 57kgs and I have hovered between 57 and 57.8kgs since last year. 

So much has happened but the biggest one is getting a new job. Before the band I did not have the confidence to even look for another position even though I had the qualifications. 

So 2018 - 2019 summed up is new me,  new job, new clothes and a much happier person who still puts in all the hard work to keep my best friend (the band) happy. 

I have no regrets having it put in but i also knew it wasn't an easy fix. 

All the handers out there don't give up. Your hard work will eventually pay off