Surgeon Recommendation - Sunshine Coast Qld

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi, I'm at the stage of looking for a surgeon. Has anyone out there usedDr Ian Baxter, Sunshine Coast Medical Weight Loss Centre? Can anyone recommend a good Dr/Centre with good op results and good post-op support.http://www.medicalweightloss.com.au/Seminars.html Thanks for everyone's contribution on this forum.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi M-A,

I had my first appointment with Dr Ian Baxter last week and found him to be very sincere. He gave me heaps of information about the surgery and answered all my questions.  As soon as you walk through his door, you have his full attention. I`m very happy for Dr Baxter to do my surgery, which is on the 15th December. With Dr Baxter, you have to have blood work done, barium swallow ( looking for evidence of reflex , Hernia etc ) He has a team that he works with, which you will have to see - Dietitian, Physiotherapist  and a Psychologist .  That was one of the reasons, I went with him , is his good pre op and post op support. I am having the gastric sleeve.  I wish you all the very best.

Edited by Justme

Posted · Report post

Hi M-A

Dr ian Baxter did my gastric sleeve 3 weeks ago. I would definitely recommend him. I traveled from Hervey Bay as there is no one here doing sleeves. Good luck with your journey. Cheers

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks all. Dr Baxter's whole team have been wonderful.  I'm now 6 wks post op, had my 1st fill & 10kg lighter. My only regret is not doing it earlier. I've followed the diet stages closely & have had no complications, reflux or issues a lot of people report. I thought something was wrong because I hadn't, but Dr Baxter assures me everything is fine & is very happy with my progress.

I was getting hungry fills for 1-2 wks before my first fill. I had to have soft foods on day of fill but fine a gain next day. I have my 2nd  fill in 2 wks so may feel more restricted then. I do like that I'm only gradually loosing my weight, hopefully I won't  have loose skin issues then.I have a couple friends of friends who have had sleeps & lost their weight so quick now they fill they need to have ski surgery to feel comfortable with their bodies.I don't want to have to do that.

Edited by M-A

Posted · Report post

Dr Ian Baxter is doing my lap band on 19th July. His whole team have been amazing? How is everyone going with theirs.?Any problems or regrets?