hello all!

I'm new to the forum, I'm considering surgery, just starting my journey, looking at options and reading some of your stories and comments is confidence building and informative, I too am slowly gaining weight at a constant rate, (114kgs) insulin resistance and the rest that goes with the weight gain, although I have changed my lifestyle since that diagnosis I'm still gaining, well it feels that way to me, id actually be very interested in my blood results since my last ones ... I'm sure you all know the story, anyway I live in Newcastle NSW and would love to hear from anyone that would like to tell me their story, successful or not the more info and encouragement I can get the better :D 

• Like 1

Hi! I was sleeved by Tim Wright at Newcastle Private on 8 December. I've been happy with him and his team. I didn't even bother to meet Costa Karihaloo after my appointment with Tim.

Costa sends you a DVD and you have a psych evaluation and other things. For Tim, you need to attend a seminar but I didn't have to do any of that other stuff.

Which surgery are you leaning towards?

I'm in Newcastle too and like Mrs Kaje had Tim do my op :) he was great and we were well suited but I know some find him a bit short and clinical. The seminars he holds are free though and well worth the time spent to go. Good luck with your journey, its so worth it 

I'm not sure of which surgery I'm leaning towards, I need more info, thank you Jellybelly89 and mrs kaje for your replies ../ I seem to have a small problem though, I work in a hospital where both dr karihaloo and dr wright work, not sure if I want to have the procedure where I work, may have to look into going to a diff hospital, ill ask them what they think, wow your little infographic is awesome Jellybell89, you must feel fantastic! thank you again ladies :)

I know of someone who had it done on the Central Coast for the same reason. Not sure which surgeon they used, though. 

I'd feel the same way, its such a private journey. I work for my health fund and felt so uncomfortable with colleagues seeing the bills, let alone the actual procedure. Tim is registered for Lake Mac, Newcastle Private and Toronto Private if any of these would suit? He should be able to give you more information at the seminar... I'm not sure about Costa's arrangements and if he works anywhere but LakeMac