Pup_p_love

Info about Sleeve Surgery

Hi,

I am currently looking at getting a sleeve done and am looking at some personal stories to help ease my anxiety. I need to get this done, so I can be around for my kids. I want to get it done. But last night I made the stupid decision to google and found stories about how people have starved to death afterwards, due to lack of nutrients. Can anyone please ease my mind? I have an appointment to see a doctor in a few weeks. I'm grateful for any input. Thanks.

Hi pup_p_love,

Ive been sleeved for 9 weeks now and its been the best decision, for me. I really didnt see i had a choice, my health was at risk as im terrified of gettingdiabetes. My upper thighs have always rubbed together, but when my knees started doing the same i said enough is enough. Also when i lay down at night the fat rolls of my chest would lodge aroud my throat.

I started at 108.8 and am now 93.8, have had no complications except a few stuck momentswhen i eat too fast or dont chew properly and this is what got me here in the firstplace. Have had christmas and can say that i didnt feel i missed out on anything, just had lessthan usual. Another thing i readabout on this forum is losing your desire for sweet foods, i didntbelieve this would happen to me, but to my delight it has. What a difference to not always cravesweet foods andcarbs.

Anyhow wish id done this years ago. Hope this helps you and good luck with your journey. Cheers

I've never heard of anyone starving to death. Certainly before it gets to that stage, here in Australia, there is a supprt network and follow ups that would ensure that doesn't happen.