xc351

Vlcd 500cal good or bad idea.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I'm trying to drop wait fast and with the duromine 40mg  I'm on I'm feeling fine having just one meal daily (5point4 weight loss meal) which is quite balanced 300g 375cals or so. 

Also been having a decent multivitamin and 3 x x50 green tea drinks daily. 

I may start having a VLCD shake as well. 

I also try to do 1hr of x trainer daily which is 600cals or so  

How bad is this method of loosing weight just feel like going to 4 x vlcd meals/shakes would seem to be worse.  

Read ad a bit about it online were gym junkies will often do it ect or were people on duramine often do similar. 

Wow, that sounds incredibly unhealthy. I think you will get ill doing that for too long. Your body will go into starvation mode and be screaming on the inside. I wouldn't go below 800-1000calories a day personally. No amount of weight loss is worth being so risky. Nothing beats healthy real food. 

• Like 2

To be honest it's not hard to do. I don't feel like I'm starving at all so it's night like I feel im

going to pass out or having stomach pains. I had 0 to eat yesterday (so 350cals or so in 2days) and still managed to do a 488cal workout (PB) with out feeling crook/sluggish or hungry. Even did a 45min hike up a local mountain this morning feeling fine. 

however I do agree is low I'm looking at getting some optifast shakes today. Just cause I think it's a better option than forcing myself to eat. I however did today have a subway salad and smoothie and feel this will prolly do me for today but may to force a extra shake in for dinner.

Then there is the issue of exactly what your body does when it dedects lack of food. There is no doubt eating less food you will loose weight, but how little to eat compared to eating closer to 1000cals and trying to boost your metabolism. So I'm at the stage do I force 1000cals or choose a happy medium eg 750cal.

I presume many people here have been told to eat less than there meant to to loose weight or infact simply can't eat there min intake after surgery.

Cause I totally agree long term it's not good or sustainable.

im having 1 duramine 40mg every 2 days as its a trick I read on another forum and seems to work well for many others. Esp with the largest dose. 

So with the 2 repeats I've got in theory I have 6 months worth. I've also cut out Coke Zero and all soft drinks totally. I did this a few years ago with energy drinks going from 1l on work days to over 2 years without one (well maybee 6 with vodka in total) 

So you're basically using the net as your guide to take prescribed meds -at a dose not prescribed -to lose weight fast.  I can bet nearly everyone on this forum would have tried them (or some other weight loss drug) for a miracle cure.  If it worked there wouldn't be WLS-wouldn't be needed.  

if you want validation that what you're doing is perfectly fine you may need it from a different forum.  

if it's a fabulous plan and works a miracle you won't need surgery.

• Like 3

im trying to take more than my current cal but dont think i could manage, it isnt safe long term and i will put wait back on no doubt.I will be getting gastric banding done.

Im just concerned more about what happens if i do have 500cals cause alot of people i presume on here would of had the same issue post op.Im also sure alot of people would of done similar to me on duramime eg all wait put back on or they simply just got crook ect

Im trying to force myself to have 750cals daily

I'm very very cautious of duromine, after all it's just slow release speed. Be careful, if you are exercising, just eat good food and it  will come off. Unfortunately all of us here fall off that bandwagon and thats why we needed WLS surgery. If I was you I would be doing

protein shake with added fruit if desired

yogurt with chia seeds and some berries for a snack

salad and chicken for lunch with light dressing or without 

Handful of almonds for snack 

fish/chicken/turkey with cooked veg for dinner. 

You dont need to starve to lose weight, however your body does need good nutrients to be well on the inside. Check out kombucha tea,  and for carb free meals Google Paleo recipes. 

• Like 1

Sounds like you need to see a dietitian be advised properly as to your current diet and what to expect post op etc.

What you are doing sounds very dangerous.

Just my opinion.

Are you booked for surgery?

Read this, might shed a bit more light on band vs sleeve: 

http://www.lapsurgery.com.au/downloadables/Gastric_Band_versus_Gastric_Sleeve_Surgery.pdf

Edited by Nessa1977

Can I ask why you are choosing this method? Please don't just think weight loss is the only health benefit you need to acquire - 3 years post band with lots of up and downs, and eating healthily for the most part, my blood work is a little all over the place... Just because you have lost weight, it doesn't mean your insides are healthy.

• Like 1

I'm dead set against Duromine because even on the 20mg dose taking as prescribed I ended up hospitalised with psychosis. It's a very real side effect but being young you always think bad things won't happen to you. I hate talking about it I'm embarrassed even but if I can save people from going through what I went through then I'm happy to share my experience. I think doubling your prescribed dose is a recipe for disaster. Please be careful. 

I agree with Carislb and Boganlicious.

As bold as this may sound... what good is skinny if your head is too messed up to be around to enjoy it. Duromine has a really bad rep and for good reason.

• Like 1

Duromine really messed me up too, i was prescribed it as a 16 year old at a huuge 84kg (178cm tall). Just overweight nowhere near obese. That peopke are hoitalized with psychoses does not surprise me, i think i was close. But it worked - and it worked well on a 1200 calirie oer day diet. However my menral health deteriorated to the point that my parents said "enough" and imput all the weight bavk on very quickly. This was back in the 80's. I think it has its place during the pre op phase personally, it can really help but its a short term thing.

Edited by jachut

Green tea drinks? Do you mean green tea or supplements full of green tea? Supplements have been strongly linked to Liver failure:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-14/man-faced-death-after-taking-popular-weight-loss-product/7162378

You can't do what you're doing for long. It's not ideal, you need energy intake to run your body.

please be careful with this drug, my friends daughter  aged 18 was taking it and on a low cal diet and she ended up in ICU on a heart monitor, her heart got out of rhythm or something, the lack of food did nothing but make for an initial large weight loss but then her body kicked in and stopped losing, her skin looked like crap and she ended up after all that with a heart monitor she had to wear for a week after she got out of hospital. She has now regained all the weight and some more and is back to square one. The body is smart and on such a low amount of calories and lack of vitamins it will just hang onto whatever it can and then start storing as  soon as you increase food by the slightest amount

Xc351, I'm interested to know if you went ahead with this, and how you're going.