MissyO

The Hot Weather

Hey all you Bandits out there!! 

I'm unsure if someone has raised this topic before and the fact I haven't been on for a while but I'm curious to know from either new Bandits or Vetran Bandits if they have ever experienced trouble eating their regular foods/drinks they are use to eating/drinking with this damn hot weather?????  I'm really struggling to eat and sometimes drink and have had so many stuck moments it's driving me crazy!!!! Any advice out there especially from long term Bandits.... 

Yep, me too! I can't eat nearly as much as I would on a cold or mild day. If I get stuck on a hot day, I'll normally chew on ice cubes and have heaps of water. I find it's the only thing that keeps me going if I get stuck.

100% the weather is the thing that effects my band over anything else, if it is going to be mid 30's or higher forget solids, I will have a soup and smoothies day.

Wow!  This is interesting, and a really good example of hot weather not only making us feel, hot and generally uncomfortable, but how it affects us in ways that we don't even realise.  I don't have a band, but hot weather makes my ME/CFS + Fibromyalgia worse.  I hate Perth summers.

I have been enjoying cold soups... but if tricky to get down, I have a hot cuppa tea before I tackle it.

I'm a 5 year Bandit and have never given this any thought, either winter or summer it's just another normal day eating and drinking wise. 

What I have found with being skinnier is that I now handle the summers much better.

• Like 1

The hot weather definitely affects my band!  I find I'm almost scared to eat anything on a hot day.

• Like 1

Oh I'm so happy knowing I'm not the only one to struggle with this issue. The last couple of days have yet been hell for me due to this hot weather!...ROLL ON WINTER!!!!