Shellbell

Gallbladder issues

Hi

Not after but 4 weeks before surgery date! It was the most excruciating pain ever!

good luck!

Lizx

It's quite common with weight loss.  I had mine removed 3 years pre sleeve.  If you are having severe issues, surgeon can removed at same time as sleeve.

Edited by Nessa1977

My surgeon would not remove at the same time ... Almost begged 

Now my sleeve date is revised to 29 feb .. Waiting waiting waiting 

Hi there,

I was sleeved late october and last friday week ended up in hospital with band of pain across my back. Had lots of tests, but its suspected to be gallstone. Seeing my dr this week for confirmation. Had follow up with sleeve surgeon last friday and he believes it is time to remove gallbladder. So looks like more surgery, but hopefully keyhole as my sister had hers out years ago and they cut it out which meant longer recovery.

Hang in there lizzbeth,  time goes quickly. Good luck. Cheers.

• Like 1

Not safe to do apparently! Don't know if just my case or in general

lizz

Bullshit, I know many sleeves and gallbladder are done at the same time.  My friend had hers done, no issues.

Bullshit, I know many sleeves and gallbladder are done at the same time.  My friend had hers done, no issues.

Not bullshit necessarily, if her gallbladder was infected or inflamed it could have been catastrophic if it had been removed at the time of surgery, because it increases the chances of the infection becoming systemic and at least made her very sick, if not killed her.

• Like 1

Wow !! aggro much Nessa1977

As stated! That is what my surgeon told me after I almost begged to have them done together! 

And yes it was an emergency procedure done on a Sunday! Take a chill pill! This is Not the place for attacking people!!!

Not bullshit necessarily, if her gallbladder was infected or inflamed it could have been catastrophic if it had been removed at the time of surgery, because it increases the chances of the infection becoming systemic and at least made her very sick, if not killed her.

Edited by Lizzbeth

Two comments have been deleted. Please keep on topic and please pm me if you have any issues you need to discuss. Thank you

My band had slipped before my gallbladder issues were discovered so I asked my surgeon to do both. He ended up removing the band completely.

His reasoning was a massively increased risk of infection if he were to replace a prosthesis at that time because of the mess my gallbladder had become. I had to wait 3 months before having it replaced. 

They do have to be extra careful with infection esp where a prosthesis is involved I believe. It can be deadly. 

Nonny 

Forum Admin

Edited by Nonny

i had my gall bladder removed when i was 25 after having lost around 10kgs - the doc said it was common in people who are excessive dieters! lol, that was me :) 

they took it out within a week of being admitted to the emergency ward and the whole op was free via the public system. i stayed over night in hospy and then had 2 weeks off work. post op was a bit traumatic - i have since had two c-secs and recovery from the gall bladder surgery felt a billion times worse but i have never had any major issues since (apart from being a bit dairy intolerant and easily affected by alchohol).

good luck and stay away from acidic food like tomatoes.