Good morning everyone. I'm having lapband revision surgery in a few weeks and need to revisit 2 weeks of Optifast. I recall there's 2 formulations of the shakes and one is better than the other. Which is which? Also, I'll be looking to buy a combination of chocolate shakes, bars and chocolate and lemon desserts ... does anyone know if they're on sale anywhere at the moment please? (Actual shops, not online.) Thanks!

• Like 1

Oh sweetie. What's happened to your mate the band? You've had a good journey together :(

Chemist Warehouse is usually cheapest - They have $6+ off online but usually have same price in store.  What happened?  I thought the optic thing was to shrink liver and yours should be very pretty after all the weight loss?

tish are they moving the port, I remember a while ago you had the pain and they though something was touching a nerve or something along those lines! And chicken me first saw this on your facebook page, but didn't want to leave a comment, as I only tell certain people about my lapband! :-)

Oh sweetie. What's happened to your mate the band? You've had a good journey together :(

I've had pain since I  had it put in. They've exhausted all the tests they can do and now think it's the tubing rubbing on my diaphragm that's causing the pain so they're going to shorten it. They might also relocated my port and reposition my actual band in case they're rubbing on a nerve. Hopefully whatever they do will get rid of the pain.

• Like 1

tish are they moving the port, I remember a while ago you had the pain and they though something was touching a nerve or something along those lines! And chicken me first saw this on your facebook page, but didn't want to leave a comment, as I only tell certain people about my lapband! :-)

They think it's the tubing rubbing on my diaphragm that's causing the pain so they're going to shorten it. They might also relocate my port and reposition my actual band in case they're rubbing on a nerve. Hopefully whatever they do will get rid of the pain.

• Like 1

Tish, can I ask what the pain is like?. I posted a thread on chest pain but nobody has answered, I get excruciating, I think I'm having a heart attack pain that appears out of nowhere and goes away just as suddenly.  It happens only a couple of times a year but last week I had the worst one ever and was rushed off to hospital in an ambulance.  I have NO trouble eating and drinking, its definitely not a slip!  It hurts steadily, in the centre below the sternum, up the oesophagus and into the roof of my mouth and jaw.  No gallstones, heart fine its GOT to be the band.

• Like 1

Tish, can I ask what the pain is like?. I posted a thread on chest pain but nobody has answered, I get excruciating, I think I'm having a heart attack pain that appears out of nowhere and goes away just as suddenly.  It happens only a couple of times a year but last week I had the worst one ever and was rushed off to hospital in an ambulance.  I have NO trouble eating and drinking, its definitely not a slip!  It hurts steadily, in the centre below the sternum, up the oesophagus and into the roof of my mouth and jaw.  No gallstones, heart fine its GOT to be the band.

The pain I get is like a sharp stitch type pain, or sometimes a bit duller. It really varies in intensity and duration, anything from a mild annoyance right up to, I think I need to go to the hospital. It can last anywhere from half an hour to several hours. It's always left sided and is sometimes only just below my ribs but sometimes travels down to my pelvic area and even into my back sometimes. It almost always hurts worse when I breathe in and almost always goes away if I press firmly on it (if it comes on when I'm walking). I don't think it's anything like what you're describing so I can't help. Is it food getting stuck? Or maybe a spasm if it's going just as fast as it's coming?

I've had pain since I  had it put in. They've exhausted all the tests they can do and now think it's the tubing rubbing on my diaphragm that's causing the pain so they're going to shorten it. They might also relocated my port and reposition my actual band in case they're rubbing on a nerve. Hopefully whatever they do will get rid of the pain.

Ick!  You poor thing :(

I hope that this puts an end to your ongoing pain.

• Like 1

I think the new chocolate shakes taste better than the old version. I think the new version also has more 'good stuff' - maybe fibre or vitamins and minerals or something... I forget. 

Anyway, I have a stack of leftover stuff - if you PM me your address I can send some to you. When do you need it by?

• Like 2

I think the new chocolate shakes taste better than the old version. I think the new version also has more 'good stuff' - maybe fibre or vitamins and minerals or something... I forget. 

Anyway, I have a stack of leftover stuff - if you PM me your address I can send some to you. When do you need it by?

You're a treasure Mrs Kaje ! Check your inbox. :D

You're a treasure Mrs Kaje ! Check your inbox. :D

It's on its way to the post office for sending right now :-)

Didn't have as much chocolate stuff left as I thought, but there's chocolate bars; old recipe chocolate shakes; new recipe vanilla and caramel shakes; lemon and chocolate pudding, and; vege soup.

• Like 2

It's on its way to the post office for sending right now :-)

Didn't have as much chocolate stuff left as I thought, but there's chocolate bars; old recipe chocolate shakes; new recipe vanilla and caramel shakes; lemon and chocolate pudding, and; vege soup.

I really appreciate this Mrs Kaje. xo