Soccermum

4 weeks away

Hello

I am having band surgery 18.4.16. I'm both excited and scared.

Scared in that I worry that it won't work because nothing else has. Excited when I think about the gorgeous outfit I can buy for my son's wedding later in the year. (Already got my weight ticker on my signature ready to go)

However, because people are so judgemental and negative, I am not telling anyone except family I am having the surgery.

It's not that I'm ashamed, I just don't want to be watched like a hawk and have to address a million questions.

I need to take time off work and have told my boss I need surgery, but I know the rest of the office are going to pry. I'm not the type to tell them to mind their business.

My question is what excuses did people use for their time off?  

Gall bladder operation. And guess what, now, i really do have to have one on 14.4.16. Ha. Cheers.

• Like 1

"Women's" problems! 

• Like 2

I can understand your excitement.  I got banded on 22 March & just had my first fill this morning.  So far I've lost 8.5kg, and am ecstatic with this new lifestyle.  Not being hungry is fantastic and it's so easy to make good choices and exercise more with more energy.   Re the excuse for the week off work I just said I'm having something cut out (and intimated women's stuff which shut most people up), but my hubbie later told friends that I'd had a cyst removed.    Good luck and have fun buying that outfit.

Edited by Nickimat
  • Like 2

Gall bladder operation. And guess what, now, i really do have to have one on 14.4.16. Ha. Cheers.

hahaha love this

exactly what would happen to me

• Like 1

I used the old I'm having a Lap Band installed excuse and told everyone. Best Wishes with your journey and your son's wedding.

• Like 1

I only told one person at work, she is also considering WLS and saw me drinking opti. I didn't need to tell my manager, my surgeon provided a doctors letter which said I had a "procedure" done, management didn't question it. 

Lots of people asked what I did during my time off, I just said that I had some time off, mostly hung out at home and watched netflix (also the truth)

I used the old I'm having a Lap Band installed excuse and told everyone. Best Wishes with your journey and your son's wedding.

The only reason I dont want to tell them is because one of the girls I work with has a friend who had a band and she goes on and on about how it was a stupid thing for her to do and how she atill eats everything.

These people are brutal, and whilst I dont really care what others think, I'd rather wait until Ive lost a bit before I say anything

Gall bladder is always a good one and can help to explain a different diet post sugary too.  Or you can make up something really exciting like a bowel resection due to, oh, I don't know, a constriction or diverticulitis or something like that.  People don't want to talk about poo - take it from me, I have a colostomy and have had multiple bowel surgeries and nobody EVER pries into what I'm having done!  It will also explain the different diet too - you can say you're on liquids and then small portions for bowel rest.  

Failing that, something gynaecological and then say you have to lose weight because your weight has caused hormonal problems.