Swan

Quality Scales?

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a good set of quality scales?

The scales I have now have a variance of 2kg depending on where I have them on the bathroom floor ;)

I don't mind paying for quality, as long as they work and don't just look fancy. 

I also understand all scales have slightly different variations in readings. 

If if you can recommend a brand or a place to go looking it'd be great :)

They will need to go up to 150kg

Thanks

The weight watchers ones are the bomb.. I think I paid about $65 at the good guys.

• Like 1

Are Da Bomb lol

Perfect thx Pugga I'll pop down and have a look. 

I also have WW ones - about $60 from Target. I don't use all the other readings (water and body fat % etc). They measure in increments of 50g, which I like.

I have only noticed an issue when the batteries are going flat - if it starts giving dodgy readings, I know it's time to change them.

• Like 1

I got weight watchers scales from Big W for about $40. They go up to 170kg and I've never had a problem with them.

Oh, I also remembered that mine gives odd readings if there is hair/fluff/dust underneath (I just slide them out from under the bath to use them, and slide them out of the way to mop the floor, so the feet do collect stuff). This has only happened a couple of times in several years because they don't really get very dirty, and I freaked out thinking they were busted, but all they needed was a wipe down on the underside. I'm not talking about caked on grime, it was seriously just a few hairs and a couple of balls of fluff.

Wow, I shed hair like nobody's business so my scales are covered with hair and fluff underneath!  Are you saying i really might not be fat at all, lol? 

No kidding, I once had perfectly good scales and I got so angry by the reading that I threw them in the bin in disgust!  Doug said "where are the scales" and I had to admit I'd chucked them in a tanty!

I've got WW ones too now, but they're pretty old - however, I have a precise bathroom tile I place them on on a very specific angle to get the same reading - I think all scales are prone to this.

• Like 4

I have WW ones and they have been pretty reliable until I changed the batteries last week....now they fluctuate up to 4 kgs!

However, I will try some of the tops above and make sure there isn't any fluff/hair on the feet and make sure they are in the same spot on the floor.

I have a fitbit charge HR so I bought the fitbit Aria scales to go with.

According to the website they go up to 158kg.

A bit pricier than the others mentioned here but they do connect via wifi to your home network and merge with your other fitbit stats, so being quite nerdy I love it :)

• Like 1

Kogan have bluetooth enabled scales today for $46 free delivery and weigh to 180kg.  Don't know if they're any good but not too expensive.  They also have the Fitbit ones for $168 (I think!)