Sign in to follow this  
jachut

OMG, talk about fat shaming

I've just been in to Jenny Craig - have put on a few kg's due to an un fill and recovering from a surgery that's kept me from running and the gym.  At this stage of the game, post menopausal and in a rapid state of decay from old age, lol - it takes an actual calorie counted program to shift any weight for me, sigh.   The ladies were chatting to me and saying "oh the lap band must have worked for you, look at you now, I've never seen ANY positive results from it.  We have ladies come in and they're still huuuuuge blah blah blah. Turned into a chat about changing eating habits to make surgery work and how hopeless these people are and how they need to just get real and this lady the other day was starting tomorrow and just going to Maccas first and how COULD she and you know the type of conversation.

These were Jenny Craig consultants!!!! You know, the people who are supposed to support you through the journey.  And they obviously confided in me because I'm no longer fat, just have a bit of pudge to move so of course I must have it all together. 

When are people going to freaking realise that ALL humans these days indulge in the odd binge or pig out and that the difference between being fat and thin is largely down to a) lucky metabolism/body type and b ) can be as simple as overeating by 200 or 300 calories a day, adding up over many many years to a big problem. That's not a lot of food. That's two cappuccinos a day - skinny milk and no sugar!  When obese people claim not to eat a lot, quite often its actually TRUE.

I was disgusted and you'll be pleased to know, I said so and told them I would take my business elsewhere. I will also write to head office.

Edited by jachut
  • Like 10

Good on you for speaking up, they should be ashamed....lets hope in their next life they are the size of a blimp.:lol:

• Like 4

I even saw Michelle Bridges on A current affair - some paparazzi caught her out in the supermarket - she appeared to have a can of something and a Latina pasta in her basket - I think that might be why she got so pissed off about it, lol.  Sprung!  So not even the people at the the top of the fitness industry are really eating kale and coconut oil!

• Like 1

Have head office replied to you yet?

That's so disgusting. It takes enough courage to even go to those meetings and then to know that the consultants behave like that....

I've just been in to Jenny Craig - have put on a few kg's due to an un fill and recovering from a surgery that's kept me from running and the gym.  At this stage of the game, post menopausal and in a rapid state of decay from old age, lol - it takes an actual calorie counted program to shift any weight for me, sigh.   The ladies were chatting to me and saying "oh the lap band must have worked for you, look at you now, I've never seen ANY positive results from it.  We have ladies come in and they're still huuuuuge blah blah blah. Turned into a chat about changing eating habits to make surgery work and how hopeless these people are and how they need to just get real and this lady the other day was starting tomorrow and just going to Maccas first and how COULD she and you know the type of conversation.

These were Jenny Craig consultants!!!! You know, the people who are supposed to support you through the journey.  And they obviously confided in me because I'm no longer fat, just have a bit of pudge to move so of course I must have it all together. 

When are people going to freaking realise that ALL humans these days indulge in the odd binge or pig out and that the difference between being fat and thin is largely down to a) lucky metabolism/body type and b ) can be as simple as overeating by 200 or 300 calories a day, adding up over many many years to a big problem. That's not a lot of food. That's two cappuccinos a day - skinny milk and no sugar!  When obese people claim not to eat a lot, quite often its actually TRUE.

I was disgusted and you'll be pleased to know, I said so and told them I would take my business elsewhere. I will also write to head office.

I love this! What you've said obviously, not what you witnessed.. that is so unprofessional and so out of touch for people who are employed to understand and support people on that journey. So true what you've said about weight and the different factors which can play a part.

• Like 1