Sign in to follow this  
MissA

Energy pick up whilst on Optifast

Hi folks, I'm a couple days into optifast and really struggling with energy. Add in a headcold and sorry for TMI but my monthlies to make it that much more fun. I went to vote this morning and my legs felt like lead and I just have no energy whatsoever. 

Is there anything I can have that will give me a little boost of energy just so I don't feel like this. I don't want to break my optifast at all but surely something will pick me up a little? Keen for other people's thoughts.

Edited: yes I am taking a multivitamin still

Edited by MissA

Hi MissA,

Boy youre goigfor the trifecta there, im surprised you have the energy to type. Be kinfd to yourself and if i could suggest, have some berocca for a pick me up. A hot water bottle and some soothing tea should also help.

If you are allowed vegies on your opti diet, try making veg soup with some chicken stock and blend it to give it some body.

All the best, hang in there. Cheers.

To make matters worse im 3 hours away from home currently! Weekend away for my partner who has some sporting stuff on so I don't have access to all the good stuff at home.

Berocca is a good one I might have to pick up some.

Yep I'm allowed veggies and was thinking about a vegetable stock and veggies when I got home later today. So hard when you're away for the weekend as im in a hotel so really super limited. I had about 300ml of Coke Zero yesterday and it picked me up a lil bit. I've only been drinking water or plain mineral water so maybe the caffeine from that gave me a little boost. 

Are there any cafe's nearby that have soup on the menu?  Might not be quite as healthy as home made but can give you a bit of a boost.

You wouldn't believe it. Heading home after our weekend away and the car breaks down. Given it was 5pm on a Sunday it was assessed and can't be fixed til the following day.

so in another hotel for the night. There was a subway next door so I went and got a salad with the vegetables that I am allowed to have so that was nice. I then spent most of the night in the bathroom after that so who knows. just gotta put up with it til I can get home!!

• Like 1