kikiyep

Removing my lap band (woohoooo) pre op diet issue

Hi guys, so just over a year of having this horrible band in I'm getting it removed. I'm seeing a different surgeon to the one who placed it for me and this new surgeon is alot stricter on the pre op diet then the other surgeon. So heres my issue. I wasnt able to purchase the shakes until today - meaning ill start tomorrow - and I got the optislim as it was cheaper and I was struggling to afford that let alone putting the extra $$ to get optifast. I called the receptionist today just to let her know I'll be starting tomorrow on optislim and she told me I've left it too late as I have 10 days left until surgery and I'm supposed to be on the pre op diet for 2 weeks minimum and that I can't use optislim only optifast because she said there is a difference. I don't know what to do now! I can't afford to get the optifast until next pay day and I've already opened the optislim to try one so I can't return it... should i delay my surgery? I know each surgeon has their rules for the pre op diet. So just curious on what others had to do in preparation for their surgery day? I was under the impression optislim and optifast are very similar? 

If they ask just say you've used the Optifast and you did your best.

I  have a friend who used the Terry Ferguson drinks because she found the Optislim too slimy and the taste terrible and the end results was about the same as the Optifast. 

Edited by Specialized29er
Hallo

Personally I'd do the 10 days on optislim. My surgery says you can have either of the two and I'm meant to do it 14 days. Just start now cos 10days is still a decent amount of time.

its not about weight loss it's about getting your insides ready for surgery.

Some may disagree but that's what I would do.

• Like 1

Optislim does have more carbs and calories but is still a VLCD. Stick t the program like shit to a blanket for the 10 days and I am confident your liver will be all shrunk and pretty for your big day

• Like 1

It can only be marginal - at the end of the day you're starving yourself on a very low calorie and low carb diet designed to get you into ketosis and empty your liver of all its glycogen. There is no way on earth they can tell which shake you used.  Just get started on what you have.