Evilexis

2 days post-op and starving!!!

Hey everyone. I'm very new here and look forward to being a part of the community :) 

It is currently Wednesday and I got banded on Monday and I've pretty much been hungry since I woke up. Does anyone have any suggestions? I forgot to get protein powder so need to get some of that. 

My shoulders hurt really badly on for the first couple of days but I'm feeling fine today. Just a bit tender. 

Any advice would be appreciated! 

Thanks! 

Hiya,

Make sure you're drinking enough water and you can have pretty much anything you can suck through a straw so keep up the Optifast and some pureed soups.  Remember to sip slowly.

• Like 1

Hi Evilexis,

Walking around and heatpacks help a lot with the shoulder pain, some liquid panadol never goes astray either. Good luck, every day gets better and better. Cheers.

• Like 1

Thank you! Haven't felt as hungry today and have been using protein powder which is helping. Still hard to try and not gulp down the liquids. 

Do/did either of you feel like something was flicking along your stomach muscle sometimes when you went from sitting to standing or hunched over to straightened up? It's really hard to describe. Doesn't hurt, but feels like there's something in there that's moving. 

Thank you :) 

Hi Evilexis, cant say i remember that sensation, but it was 9months ago for me.  Doesnt sound like anything serious if you are not experiencing unusual pain.

Im very excited for you, beginning your new life. The changes are incredible as you will soon see.

I found cup a soup beef broth gave me some flavour post op and v8 veg juice filled me up. Cheers.

Woops should have mentioned i was sleeved not banded. Hopefully someone banded can help with the feelings you described.

I was banded but I used to get weird twitches in my stomach for a few weeks.