Revision- Alfred

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi all.

I have to have a revision for my band its now 8 years old I have lost 56kg but I have formed a pouch.

because I have to have it on the public list my letter stated that i will be done within 365 days.

a week after I got this letter I got another asking me to goto the hospital in september for a pre op visits. I have to see a number of dr nurses etc

My question is why would they get me to go in now if its going to take upto a year.

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Sometimes waiting lists are very fluid-depends on what you are having done and when they can slot you in.  Sometimes trauma and other more urgent cases get priority.  Don't be surprised if they give you a date and then cancel for another time

Posted · Report post

I'm going up for revision surgery also... I was told once you go in for the first pre op visit you will be done within 3 months.Are you getting a new band  aquasky 13?

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

Im in the exact same position. Had my band in 2009 and since have experienced 6 band slips. Which were corrected by removing all the fluid and letting the band settel back into place. Have discovered that when my band gets tight  enough so i can lose weight, it slips and i end up chocking all night. Just recieved my "consult" appointment at the Afred in November. 

Im hoping to revise to a sleeve (replaced bands tend to have a higher chance of slipping again )

Any updated on what happened aquasky and how long the wait/process is after the first consult?

Posted · Report post

Hi all, though id update just incase anyone is looking for the same answer. I had my appointment at the alfred and am still on the waiting list. From what the surgeon told me the current list for bariatric surgery at the alfred is 6 months. (Even though im category 3, 365 days )

Im not sure if this is just in my case because im getting a revision, there may be other hoops new bandits may need to jump through first  (seminars ect) but just wanted to update as unfortunately  no one replied to me. Hopefully i can help someone else.

Posted · Report post

Hair Band.........................just a suggestion, could you please transfer your signature to another part of your profile?  It makes posts very difficult to read when there is such a long signature.  You can put this information in the "About Me" me section of your profile.  You can add a link to your signature to lead people to view your fill data.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi all just an update. I had my revision surgery on the 7th of October. so the wait was not every long at all. i had my appointment and was booked in for under 3 weeks later.

Posted · Report post

Ohhh wow thank you so much for replying! Im finding it hard to find anyone  is the same situation this year.. im just waiting for my pre op... cant wait :)

Posted · Report post

I spoke to the hospital earlier today. Its been close to 3 weeks since i was put on the waiting list and unfortunately the lady said she cant see a pre op for me anytime soon. So i think the lists have increased /slowed down since august. Just an update for others hoping like i was, to get my pre op letter as quick as aquasky did in 1 week lol.

i can stop waiting for my mail man like a creepy woman now... hahahahah :') 

Posted · Report post

I had this situation also.  I expected to have to wait up to a year, so pleasantly surprised!  I went to the information session in May, then commenced my 8 week online course.  Four weeks following that I had a consultation.  By then, it was September.  Got a letter telling me I had a pre admission appointment at the beginning of November and was given surgery date of 5 weeks out at that stage, December 13.  I am happy with this time frame, and also got to slip a 3 week holiday to Italy in between consultation and pre admission appointment lol.  Optifast start day is today, 4 weeks out from surgery.

Posted · Report post

Ohhh thats  fantastic bella. Its been 4 weeks since my consultation and im still waiting on the pre op appointment. Ive been told its pretty normal for alot of elective surgery to get postponed  around this time of the year. Either way im really excited  and hopefully  it wont be to far into next year, time will tell.

I just need to try and slow my weight gain untill then! 

Posted · Report post

How long afyer your consultation did you reciever your pre op letter?

Posted · Report post

Even though we've been messaging, I'll answer here also in case others are curious... it was around 6 weeks for me. I did all the pre-consult items like the seminar and 8 week health review about 4 months before the consult. Overall a process of around 7/8 months for me.

Posted · Report post

Ladies can I ask why you were on the public list?

My reason for asking, I was banded with PHI in 2012 and had trouble with it since 2013.  I cancelled my PHI before the issues arose with the band.  Ive had no fill for 4-5 months and getting my 1st fill to start all over again, tomorrow.

I have always thought something is wrong with my band and whilst I am hoping for the best - I wouldn't be surprised if I need revision or removal and I now have no PHI.

Posted · Report post

I am on the public list because similar to you i canceled my PHI since  having my band placed in 2009. I "started over" many times over the past 8 years, but my band never worked properly and after having kids it was even worse

my sergeon work both public and privately so he suggested the public rout which i was sooooo pleased was even possible.

If you geel your band isnt right then request some tests to confirm and take it from there.

To go public you also need a BMI ober 31? I think ?  Im not 100% sure as i was way over that so it wasnt a issue.☺

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hi jemmabell, just wondering if you’ve had your op yet and if so when?