Self funding sleeve

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Are there any surgeons or clinics that will do the sleebe with out private health im looking into early release super 

Posted · Report post

Hi Bobo,

I'm not sure where you are located, but I'm having my sleeve done with Doctor Michael Donovan, self funded. I also opted for early super release (such a hassle to get this sorted with my superfund though) and what they won't cover I have a loan agreement from a family member (lucky me I guess).

The hospital that Dr Donovan works form is Selangor Private in Nambour. I have some cover with Bupa, that doesn't cover weightloss surgery, and because of that the Hospital are only charging me the Bupa set fee for my 1-3 night stay! Saving me heaps! So If you go with Dr Donovan I suggest get some Bupa cover now and it will save you in the long run by possible tens of thousands!

Hope this helps

Posted · Report post

Thank you im in South australia ive got an appointment in 2 weeks with Dr Justin Bessell they offer payment plans plus also help with getting super wich is good

How much is costing you if you dont mind me asking? 

I am with bupa bit only jad private health for 1 month and i really would rather not have to wait 12 months.....

Thank you :)