jemabell

Alfred consultation

Hi all,

This is my first post so excuse me if i overload you.

I Had my band in 2009 and since have experienced 6 band slips. Which were corrected by removing all the fluid and letting the band settel back into place. Have discovered that when my band gets tight  enough so i can lose weight, it slips and i end up chocking all night.

The band was amazing while it worked but a warning to all, treat it kindly, push yourself to far or to tight like i did and it can mess up everything.

Just recieved my "consult" appointment at the Afred in November. Through the public system. 

Im hoping to revise to a sleeve (replaced bands tend to have a higher chance of slipping again )

Any ome have any idea how long the wait/process is after the first consult?

• Like 1

Hi all, though id update just incase anyone is looking for the same answer. I had my appointment at the alfred and am still on the waiting list. From what the surgeon told me the current list for bariatric surgery at the alfred is 6 months. (Even though im category 3, 365 days )

Im not sure if this is just in my case because im getting a revision, there may be other hoops new bandits may need to jump through first  (seminars ect) but just wanted to update as unfortunately  no one replied to me. Hopefully i can help someone else.

• Like 1

Hi Jemabell.  From what I was told the sleeve waiting list is shorter than gastric bypass as there are more surgeons that can do a sleeve.  I was told 8-12 months for a bypass which is what I’m waiting for however I was put to category 3 high priority which is within 6 months.  I was banded in 2010 but then my port got a hole in it.  My surgeon replaced the port but then I got a staph infection.  So then he sleeved me  in 2014.  But since then my sleeve has stretched. So now I’m on the waiting list at the Alfred for a bypass as my surgeon has since retired. Ive got my pre op appointment at the end of January so hoping surgery isn’t much longer after that.  

• Like 1

Does anyone one know how long the current waiting time is for the Alfred? I see the posts here are 2 and 3 years old.

Doctor sent my referral to the Alfred two weeks ago and says I should hear back from them within a week or two.....

Just wondering anyone 2018 or 2019 experiences with the Alfred.

Thanks