Gerri

Anxious and excited!

Hi all!  My name is Gerri.  I joined the community just recently and wanted to introduce myself.  

I am scheduled for lap band surgery on December 13 and begin my four week course of Optifast tomorrow.

Due to other diseases I suffer, I could not have the sleeve as an option in my journey, but am confident with the right attitude and also the determination, I can accomplish all I dream with the band.

I have Rheumatoid, Ankylosing Spondylosis, Sciatica, Eczema and all the other great things that come with that.  However, I have been given a great chance to help myself with this surgery.  I know that it will not cure what I have, BUT it will make it a little easier to get through every day if I am not also dealing with excessive weight.

I look forward to sharing my story and hope to get some input from some of you who have had a similar experience.

I wish everyone an amazing journey!

• Like 1

Hey Gerri, welcome :) 

Congratulations on taking the first steps, I hope everything goes well for you on your journey! 

• Like 2

Two weeks yesterday until my surgery and I am a little excited, I must say!  Still anxious also, but the reality of my life changing is now in front of me.  I can do this!  I have battled many things in my life and come out stronger, this will not be an exception :)

• Like 1