Sign in to follow this  
Vicky QLD

5 MONTHS along - new member

Had my surgery 18 August 2016.  Top weight 97.4kg.  Suffered weight issues all my life.  Tried a myriad of diets, supplements etc but couldn't sustain any of them.  Like most, gained more than I lost.  Due to health problems, I elected for bypass surgery.  My first goal was to survive the procedure.  By time I went in for op I was down to 93.4kg.  My first major goal is to get to 75kg and then reassess the impact on my body and health to see if I want to head towards the goal which they I should be for 164cm.  Keeping in mind I'm 63, I will take it one step at a time.  This Tuesday just passed, I weighted in at 78.2kg.  Clothes size is down from 20-22 to 18 on most things.  People are noticing.  My BIG HICCUP was my sister passed away 3 weeks after my op and it as knocked me for a "6".  I started eating bread and other carbs due to lack of preparations and am having trouble getting off them.  Secondary problem:  I received false teeth and cannot chew much with them and thus resorted to soft quick foods, hence the bread.  I have had continual diahorrea and/or loose bowels since the op.  I believe it is due my sensitivity to some foods as well as the carbs as I had the problems before surgery.  I AM HAPPY WITH MY WEIGHT LOSS PROGRESS.

Well done-good progress from another "oldie":) I don't have false teeth but perhaps your runs to the loo need a bit more investigating? Are you banded or sleeved?

I'm sorry for your loss Vicky, it must have been difficult while still recovering from a big procedure. 

Have you mentioned it to your surgeon? Many people develop intolerance's after the bypass so bread may be a problem for you. Even with dentures there should still be a range of food you could try (probably with a bit more prep work unfortunately) it just may need to be cooked differently. I'd definitely have a chat to them though as your body wouldn't be absorbing much in the way of nutrients

All the best xo