Sign in to follow this  
Elyse01

Newbie... consult early jan

Hey guys, 

Thought i should introduce my self as i have been lurking for a few days now absorbing all things WLS. Im booked in for a consult with professor paul obrien at CBS on 3rd Jan and hoping to have my surgery date scheduled for end of jan early feb.  My hubby is also contemplating  surgery. 

Im in south east suburbs of melbourne and keen to meet some other people going through this roller coaster ride. 

Talk soon

Elyse. 

Good luck. Sorry cant help you im in qld. Hopefully someone closer will respond soon. Cheers.

Hi Elyse

I had my lapband done Paul O'Brien in Jan 2016  and cannot be happier. I lost 22kgs by September this year. Went from a size 14-16 to a size 10. I have changed so much people don't recognize me and walk straight pass me.

I did a lot of research and the most important thing I found was the band is a tool to help your weight loss. You still have to do all the work. I followed the eight golden rules and even then I had a few stuck moments. But that was my fault I forgot to chew my food. There were days I gained a 100 grams or so but I wasn't discouraged. I took it as the scales telling me to think about what I am putting in my mouth. Also exercising plays a huge role.

Have a positive attitude and if you really want this you can do it. 

Good luck

• Like 1

Had my appointment with paul obrien today... he was so lovely. My anxiety was through the roof sitting in the waiting room. When the nurse took my blood pressure it was going nuts. But as soon as i stepped into the professors office he made me feel so at ease. He genuinely  was interested in my story, my work etc. 

Booked in for the 18th march... day before my 30th bday! Woohoo... im really doing this.. provided my super gets released. Lol 

Update... super approved... and surgery brought forward to the 11th March... im excited and scared but the future is going to be amazing!

• Like 1