1 hour ago, Boganlicious said:

Well done! Also what is a half body lift? 

Thank you :)  .  A half body lift is an  abdominoplasty + lipectomy going around from the sides including the back.  It's also known as a "belt lipectomy", or as my friend's surgeon called it, "around the world".

• Like 1

50 kg  *Yippeee*  as of last Wednesday!  Finally!

Onward and downward! 

Same weight as last week, 50 kg.  But dropped body fat% to 25.5  BMI = 21.2

I'm a happy loser!

Down 810 gm for me to 49.2 kg, BMI = 20.8

• Like 1

Up 300 gm to 49.53 kg for me, BMI = 21.0

42 minutes ago, Bigm666 said:

You have a body fat % scales?

Yes (not new scales, but fairly accurate).  Keep in mind body fat5 is affected by hydration, so if your hydration is good, boy fat % is down.    Body fat % today was 26.1%

I am at the lower end of average for women.  And I am nearly 55 1/2, so not bad for an old chook!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage

A better measurement than BMI is the height/waist circumference ratio.

Down 1 kg for me this fortnight to 48.53 kg, BMI 20.59, body fat% 25.2  :) .  Getting closer and closer to my personal goal of 46-47 kg.

• Like 1

WIW has come around again.  Down 550 gm for me from 2/52 49.16 kg, body fat % 25.5, BMI 20.86

Sorry to hijack but I'm talking to others who are going through WLS and they have told me that Medicare Will give some money back for the surgery out of pocket i had never heard of that before. One lady got $1100 back off Medicare after WLS.....

NSV- first flight since losing a decent amount of weight: seatbelt had so much tail I couldn’t believe it!

Before surgery I was always too embarrassed to ask for an extension, so the buckle was always right at the end and sometimes uncomfortably snug. 

Plus I didn’t feel like I was taking up more space than I’d paid for. (Although I’m still broad- can’t do anything about that) 

yay! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zaruse said:

NSV- first flight since losing a decent amount of weight: seatbelt had so much tail I couldn’t believe it!

Before surgery I was always too embarrassed to ask for an extension, so the buckle was always right at the end and sometimes uncomfortably snug. 

Plus I didn’t feel like I was taking up more space than I’d paid for. (Although I’m still broad- can’t do anything about that) 

yay! 

@zaruse, that is wonderful!  Congratulations and very well done :) .

• Like 1

Well, it's Weigh in Wednesday and today I am about 48.3 kg, BMI 20.5, body fat % 24.3

Off to see my Bariatric surgeon today (he wants to see me).  I have developed oesophogeal motility problems, "Mild to moderate dysmobility with variable hold up at the gastro-oesophageal junction, but no fixed stricture/obstruction .  The gastric sleeve remnant appears somewhat capacious".

I'm hoping that everyone had a very enjoyable Christmas as I did  :).

I got my days mixed up and weighed myself yesterday instead of today - 47.99 kg, down 740 gm in six days!  BMI 20.36

I had to fast last Wednesday for the gastroscopy, and didn't eat much that day.  The results weren't good. "Severe ulcerative reflux oesophagitis", and a 3cm hiatus hernia which hadn't shown up on the barium swallow. The gastroenterologist showed me the photos - they were ugly, really ugly.

Anyway, I made up for not eating much all week, yesterday.  I spent the day eating!  Heaps of seafood and fruit.  Yum!

Am I the only one being brave this WIW and posting?

Up an outstanding 1.63 kg for me to 49.62 kg, body fat % 21.1, hydration 53.5%.

I'm brave enough to post given I'm just sleeved, lol. But last time I posted my weight on this forum, it was in the low 70 kg's.  Last night (Wed night) I was 90.6, giving me a 7.1 kg loss in the 2 weeks since my surgery.

Now, as to accountability.  Ugh.  I have NOT been drinking the recommended 2 Optifasts a day in my free fluids phase. I had a week of clears - I did make a good chicken bone broth but so much of what you have on clears is sweet - jelly, juice, icypoles. I am so OVER sweet food, it nauseates me at the moment.  I cannnot even bear to think about drinking Optifast as its so sweet.  I've made a few good meat and vege based soups to puree and that's what I'm living on.  With a dollop of sour cream.  I've stopped drinking so much water and am back to 4-5 coffees a day, I habit I'd sort of thought I might be able to give up.  Never. 

And........ I have pretty much no restriction with fluids - I cant feel any fullness at all.  So I think I've probaby eaten a bit fast and had a bit too much in a sitting, despite never feeling the least fullness or discomfort.  However I also have had no hunger, at all, so its not like I'm having 4 cups of soup at a time.

this feels so very very different to a lapband. I keep expecting that hard stop, that definite fullness, this is . much more subtle.

8 hours ago, jachut said:

And........ I have pretty much no restriction with fluids - I cant feel any fullness at all. 

this feels so very very different to a lapband. I keep expecting that hard stop, that definite fullness, this is . much more subtle.

Congrats on the 7.1!!!

Can I just issue a  gentle word of warning though- really, treally try to stick to recommended portions immediately post op- it might take a while for the ‘hard stop’ feeling to kick in, but if you ignore the warnings you might be in for a world of pain when you get to more solid food.

• Like 1

Down 460 gm this week for me  (*phew*) to 49.16 kg

Lost 1kg this week, so its slowed down a lot. I went onto mushies - which I think has actually reduced calories, its so easy to get in a lot in liquid form. But weight loss is never linear, I know that from past experience.

So, I weighed in at 89.6 for a total lost of 8.1 kg - No change in clothes yet,  but its definitely come off my chest, shoulders, boobs and upper arms and stomach. Typically, I will be skeletal on my upper body before it shifts from my hips and thighs.  

• Like 2

On 1/10/2019 at 6:50 AM, jachut said:

So, I weighed in at 89.6 for a total lost of 8.1 kg - No change in clothes yet,  but its definitely come off my chest, shoulders, boobs and upper arms and stomach. Typically, I will be skeletal on my upper body before it shifts from my hips and thighs.  

:lol:  if it makes you feel any better I’m the opposite! No legs and fat/non existent waist. Makes pants shopping fun!!