jemabell

My updates

Week 22 post op 

Start weight 142kg

Current weight 99.7 kg

Total loss 42.3kg 

(14.9kgs was lost on 5 weeks opti, 28.4 kg since sleeve)

Guys im under 100kgs!!! Double digits!! I actually hit 99.9kg on the morning of my 29th birthday, best birthday present ever!

• Like 6

Thanks backontrack

I did treat myself, i bought some jeans, grabbed the 18 but they were huge, so i got a 16 and now they keep falling down  too. My brain cant get around the fact that i may need a 14.

I also had hogs breath for dinner, well i managed  barley 1/4 of a steak and thats it! But it was delicious.

• Like 1

How great is it to buy normal clothes. I too bought size 16 jeans am about to return them tomorrow don't know if I'll fit into 14 yet but I'd rather get my money back and then get something later on.  I'm having fun starting to build my summer and work wardrobe being smart though buying staples that will still look good as I reach my goal 

• Like 2

Ohhh im doing the same, its both fun and confusing trying to find my style again. Ive been wearing nothing but maxi dresses and leggings for so many years!

IvIve been just buying the cheap stuff from kmart cause i hope  i wont use them for long :)

• Like 1

Jem yiu can also try places like Uniglo they have good stuff a bit more expensive than Kmart however you can get staples that can be worn for ages. I bought some rib knit tops pants and skirts for work that I'll still be able to wear 10kgs lighter

and i know what you mean about style I too am figuring it out plus I still walk into places and get scared nothing will fit. At Uniglo I reached for XXL my friend told me I was crazy and she was right. Sometimes especially when I shop I can't see the thinner person 

Week 23 post op 

Start weight 142kg

Current weight 98.8 kg

Total loss 43.2kg 

(14.9kgs was lost on 5 weeks opti, 29.3 kg since sleeve)

Feeling really good. Have really been struggling with hair loss, ALOT of hair loss. I had hoped id be one of the lucky few that wouldnt experience it but its hitting hard. If it continues at this pace in a few months ill have a few strands left.

Any advice is appreciated.

Edited by jemabell
  • Like 1

Hi Jemmabell

I also experienced massive hair loss. It was particularly bad for me around the 6 - 12 month mark post WLS. I started researching wigs because I was getting so desperate. Every time I looked in a mirror I could see the light reflecting off my scalp. My dietitian told me that it was a temporary side effect of WLS and to just keep taking my multivitamins and to maintain a balanced diet. I'm now 15 months post WLS and I'm happy to say that my hair is thickening up and I can no longer see light reflecting off my scalp in the mirror. 

Best wishes. Molly

• Like 1

Hi Jemabell, 

As I type this I'm wearing a wig from Godiva secret wigs. Her name is Vicki and she's a mono (real looking scalp) in maple sugar-r. The r means she has dark roots which make it look real, so real that not even my family picked this as a wig. I get compliments from strangers all the time. It cost about $340 as you have to convert from us dollars but that includes $45 for delivery. Now I know that seems expensive,  but it's only 3 trips to the hairdressers. My healthfund will pay $250 as I have top extras. Hope this helps. Cheers. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice millymolly and soul sister. Im really hoping it eases of soon but time will tell. If not ill definatly be looking into those wigs. 

• Like 1

Week 26 post op 

Start weight 142kg

Current weight 95.7 kg

Total loss 46.3kg 

Its been a few weeks since i posted. Im happy to report my hair seems to have slowed down in its shedding. Life is great at the moment, busy but great. I still have food intolerances and dumping issues but im learing to deal with it. 19kg out from my goal  weight!

• Like 2

Hi Jemabell

You have done amazingly well, very inspiring.

How is your weightl oss going now.  Is your hair growing back yet?

Hi Irene,

Thing have been going well, hit a bit of a stall the past few weeks so trying to change up my excercise and diet routine, hopefully that helps. My hair is still sheding but alot less! But there is alot of breakage also. Below is the progres i havnt put on here yet, slowly  moving down.

3/10/2017    95.3
10/10/2017    94.9
17/10/2017    94.2
24/10/2017    93.4
31/10/2017    92.7
7/11/2017    92.3
14/11/2017    91.8
21/11/2017    91.8

• Like 3

Hi you’re doing great. I found when I stalled that if I feed my body something a bit different and a bit fatty that has done the trick

Edited by BackOnTrack
Spelling

Hi all, sorry we have been moving and so much happening i havnt had a chance to update. Curently at 90.2. Habnt been im the 80s since primary school so im excited. Goodluck mumofthree! Keep me updated on ur progress!

Wow Jemabell you are inspiring!! Loved reading your story and thank you for sharing. I am booked in for next Tuesday. Nerves are high and I am struggling with the OptiFast stage. I am not used to drinking my meals but suppose there is no turning back now 

Hi Nats,

Goodluck with everything and thank you for your comment :) 

Im currently at 87.4kgs and going strong. Not far of my goal weight and a healthy bmi! Best thing i every did, cant wait to see your results too.

Congratulations Jembell, you must feel great. You are truly an inspiration :) I followed your progress while I wait for my surgery date, it gave me so much hope :) 

Oh thanks Mandy, it feels awesome to hear people say that, thats the whole reason i was posting update, not only to keep myself accountable but also to help others :)  im going yo try to find a before and after pic. That should definatly help others cause its shocking 

That would be amazing to see. To actually see the progress. It is one thing to read about and see it in numbers but to actually see it visually can really make it so real. 

I recently saw a picture of myself from a wedding I attended about 4 months before my surgery and I was shocked and amazed (mostly shocked lol) at the difference. 

Ok so here it is

54.6Kg difference 

47weeks (including pre op faze)

excuse the facial expressions, the before pic i was trying not to cry :( 

PicsArt_01-08-10.30.22.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow, that is truly amazing. Congratulations on your progress. You must be so proud